“The blade of legend and song... I feel its power coursing through me! At last, my sword hand lays calm. Come, Mystletainn. Destiny beckons! The rest of these rogues are ours alone!”
—Owain receiving his personal sword, Missiletainn.
Owain (ウード, Ūdo, Eudes in the Japanese version) is a playable character from Fire Emblem: Awakening. He is the son of Lissa from the future if she marries another character, the nephew of Emmeryn and Chrom and cousin of Lucina. If Lissa marries a male Avatar, then Morgan will be Owain's sister, otherwise he will be the only child. If Chrom marries a female Avatar, then Morgan will be his cousin, or if Owain marries a female Avatar, he will be Morgan's father. He can also potentially be the cousin of Brady, Inigo, Cynthia, Morgan, or Kjelle. His birthday is July 15th.
Owain is the son of Lissa from the future. Owain's supports reveal that he is a bit of a writer, and always tries to write other characters into his stories the way he sees fit to do it. He is quite proud of his heroic lineage and bears the Mark of the Exalt on his arm, proving that he and Lissa are of Ylissean Royalty bloodline. Owain has an "uncontrollable sword hand" which apparently seeks battle. However this is revealed to be merely for dramatic effect and he admits in the Hot-Spring Scramble that he really doesn't have uncontrollable power. He is part of the Justice Cabal along with Cynthia and Morgan.
Owain in the future helped his parents fight off the Risen once he was old enough to fight. However during a battle, a Risen archer attempted to attack Owain from behind, but his father pushed him out of the way and died taking the arrow intended for Owain. Later, during another battle, Lissa was killed while she was healing the wounded. Owain was given his mother's ring, which he continues to wear. In an Event Tile conversation with Lissa, he also took a piece of the staff she used when she was killed and named it "Lissa." He joined Lucina and the other children to return to the past and prevent the ruinous future.
In his paralogue the Sage's Hamlet is attacked by bandits. Owain steps in and attempts to quell the bandits. He successfully manages to take one down, but messes up trying to deal with another. Chrom and his army are standing off to side watching Owain's theatrics and decides to help him out. Upon meeting his mother on the battlefield Owain drops his dramatic speech style, happy to be reunited with her and happily teams up with Chrom's army. After the battle, Lissa notices that his arm bears the Mark of the Exalt. Lissa is relieved to know that she is true Ylissean royalty since the Mark of the Exalt appears on those of that lineage, even though hers never surfaced. Owain promises to protect Lissa as he joins Chrom's army.
After the defeat of Grima, Owain goes on a lengthy journey to "stay his sword hand." Many tales of a man matching his description begin to pop up from time to time.
In Owain's support with Lissa, he asks for the name of the staff that she's using, much to her confusion. To Owain's surprise, Lissa innocently tells him that her staff has no name, which greatly worries him. After many attempts to persuade her, Lissa finally names her staff "Owain," much to his discomfort. Owain tells her that she doesn't need to rely on her staff anymore, as he will be the one protecting her, not her weapon. In his support with his father, Owain's "sword arm" antics worries his father. Suddenly an archer ambushes them and Owain's father pushes him out of the way, taking the arrow. Owain remembers when a similar incident killed his father and Owain promises his father that he will never allow that to happen again.
In his support with Lucina, he is revealed to be skilled with weapon maintenance, noticing flaws even on the Falchion at first glance. He also uses his story making skills as a means to help his practice for combat as stated in his support with the male Avatar.
The Future PastEdit
In an alternate timeline, where Grima successfully takes over the land, Owain is seen with Inigo, Yarne, and Brady, trying to escape the Risen that are chasing them. Deciding that they can't outrun them, Owain persuades Yarne and Brady to run ahead and deliver the Jewels to Lucina. Inigo stays behind with Owain, and cuts the bridge to prevent anymore Risen from stopping them. If all the children survive at the end of the battle, Owain and Inigo will meet up with Yarne and Brady to deliver the jewels to Lucina.
Half a year later, Owain is seen at a meeting depressed at the knowledge that "the world finally speaks his language", and plans to become a performer along with Inigo and Brady.
Owain has a habit of speaking in an overly theatrical fashion that some people find tiresome to deal with. He is somewhat preoccupied with the idea of being a hero and seeks the fabled sword the Missiletainn in his quest, unaware that it is not the Mystletainn, but just a normal sword. Lucina describes him as a "colorful" character. He is always eager to fight others, stating that his sword hand seeks to battle, even to his own father. He also has the habit of giving odd names to weapons and moves, the names of which are all references to past Fire Emblem games, as he strongly believes giving a weapon a name gives it power, turning it into an ally instead of a mere tool. He is the most hot-blooded member of the army and the most likely to shout "Level up!".
- Note: These are his default base stats. To get the actual base stats, use the following formula: [(Lissa's current stats - Lissa's class base stats) + (father's current stats - father's class base stats) + Owain's absolute base stats] / 3 + Owain's class base stats
|Sword - C||Steel Sword|
* - Owain will also inherit the last active Skill from both of his parents, except Skills exclusive to DLC.
- Note: His growth rates vary, depending on who his father is.
Max Stat ModifersEdit
- See also: Owain/Supports
- Morgan (Female Morgan can also be his sister)
- The Avatar (Female)
- Owain's Father
- The Avatar (Male) (Can be Owain's father)
- Morgan (Male Morgan can also be his son)
- Myrmidon - Promotes to Swordmaster or Assassin
- Priest - Promotes to War Monk or Sage
- Barbarian - Promotes to Warrior or Berserker
- Dread Fighter - Requires Dread Scroll
Inheritance from Lissa
Owain cannot be classed as these, but he can inherit a skill from them
Avatar as Father
Frederick as Father
- Cavalier - Promotes to Paladin or Great Knight
- Knight - Promotes to Great Knight or General
- Wyvern Rider - Promotes to Wyvern Lord or Griffon Rider
Virion as Father
Stahl as Father
Vaike as Father
Kellam as Father
Lon'qu as Father
- Wyvern Rider
Ricken as Father
Gaius as Father
Donnel as Father
Gregor as Father
Libra as Father
Henry as Father
- Dark Mage
Owain's base class is the Myrmidon class which capitalizes high speed and skill which he thankfully gets from Lissa's base growths meaning high dodge rates, consistent double attacks, and increased likeliness of critical attacks. His Strength, HP, and Luck are also quite high making him a solid offensive unit regardless of who his father is. However, like Lissa, his defensive growths are lower than his other growths, but they still will level up consistently barring inheritance from his father.
Regardless, Owain gets a plethora of useful skills from his base class and its promotions. Myrmidon gives Vantage which is great for Owain to kill enemies if he is low on health before they can kill him. His two base promotions are the Assassin and Swordmaster, both of which are great to consider for Owain considering they have the same speed cap so preference comes down to what you want out of Owain. Swordmaster focuses more on durability with a higher defense and resistance cap than the Assassin class. He gains Astra at level 5 which is a good attacking skill given his high skill and Swordfaire for more strength to his attacks. Assassin has higher skill and strength to hit hard consistently. He gains Lethality which is good to consider, but the low activation rate may leave room for a more consistent attacking skill, even with Owain's good skill. Pass also works well if Owain finds himself corralled by the enemy.
Owain is also unique since he has a personal weapon; the Missiletainn. It is a slightly modified Steel Sword, having the same strength but a lower hit rate in exchange for a slightly higher critical boost and +1 to his skill stat. Whether or not this weapon will prove to be useful or not is up to the player. Keep in mind that it has limited durability and unless Owain has access to the Armsthrift skill or a Hammerne staff, the Infinite Regalia DLC map is the only way to secure another copy if the original breaks.
Lissa: Lissa's entire class set is exclusive to females so Owain inherits a completely different set of classes. At the same time this means that Owain can inherit a female exclusive skill and it is recommended. Out of all of Lissa's female skills Galeforce and Dual Support+ are the two main skills to consider. Galeforce compliments Owain nicely in his offensive role, allowing him to attack and possibly kill two enemy units in one turn or kill and retreat to get healed after a fight. Dual Support+ makes him a good supporting parter, boosting his partner's Dual Support bonus by four levels. Only one can be passed down so consider which one will suit your play style best.
Lissa's base class translates into the Priest Class which is essentially a male version of the Cleric class. For the most part, unless Owain has a magic oriented father like Ricken or Henry, Owain should only come into this class if he needs their skills. For the most part only Miracle and Renewal are particularly useful since the former allows him to possibly survive a fatal blow considering his high luck while the latter is a solid regenerative skill. Owain's other replacement for Lissa's female exclusive classes is the Barbarian class. Barbarian's growth rates nicely compliments Owain's base growths with high strength, speed, and skill. If you are not considering keeping him in this class he can grab mainly the Counter skill from the Warrior promotion to punish any non-lethal damage he receives.
Avatar: The Avatar can give Owain some good stats but the asset and flaw chosen can affect Owain in many different ways, although the flaw shouldn't affect him surprisingly as much as it would other children. His magical abilities with a good magic growth as well as passing down Ignis can make Owain an interesting unit, even in his Myrmidon base. He will also give him an incredible class pool that makes him a second Morgan.
Frederick: Frederick passes down very balanced growths supporting his defense although he'll hurt his magic and luck rating. He can pass down Luna, allowing Owain to deal some much needed extra damage. Owain can also inherit Dual Guard+ and Dual Support+ and make him a strong support unit. Owain can also obtain a weapon breaking skill from Frederick's Wyvern Rider class set against either swords or Lances. Stahl can offer the same cavalier related abilities and perhaps give Owain better starting stats since Frederick's stats wind up rather low when compared to other mounted units.
Virion: Virion will offer a high starting skill for Owain and nurture his high magic and resistance. From Virion's Archer class, he gives Owain access to Hit Rate +20, which is a very useful ability for any character, and Bowbreaker to avoid being picked on by archers. The Mage class can be useful for Owain's repertoire given that he gains the Dark Knight promotion which has Lifetaker for a stronger life regen as long as he kills units. The other class Owain gains is the Wyvern Rider which becomes the Wyvern Lord and Griffon Rider, both of which give him more utility skills like Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker to be a unit killing specialist.
Donnel: Donnel gives Owain a boost to his luck allowing him to hold an impressive 51 cap in luck and is the only way to achieve this without having a Luck asset Avatar marry Lissa. Donnel will pass down the ability to have Villager as well as Mercenary and Fighter, the last two of which are great physical classes for him to exploit. Because of his 51 cap, Armsthrift will ensure that his weapons will never break once his luck reaches 50. This serves well to preserve Owain's Missiletainn, any regalia weapon, or forged weapons. Owain gains only two new promotions as a result of Donnel's class inheritance, being the Bow Knight and Hero classes. Hero gives Sol for more regen options and Axebreaker give more bonuses when attacking axe users. Bow Knight gives Bowbreaker to dodge archers if Owain is a sword wielding class. Villager is not necessary to reclass into given the low stats of the class. Aptitude is a good skill for Donnel to pass down, but if Donnel and Lissa have been well trained before recruiting Owain, then this skill loses usage. Underdog only works when Owain is lower level than his enemies so it is very situational.
Ricken: Ricken is an interesting choice as it passes down classes in which it allows Owain to be both a offensive and supporting threat. Ricken passes down Archer, Mage, and Cavalier. Owain gets a large boost of magic due to the modifiers Ricken passes down, making a Sage with a magic stat of 51. This can be bolstered by Tomefaire and Limit Break (if the player has the DLC) essentially giving him a magic stat cap of 66. It can become even more threatening as Owain can receive Luna. It is also worth noting that because he has access to Astra naturally, he can proc-stack Astra and Luna to have a likely chance of using an offensive skill that will do quite a bit of damage. Owain can also play the supportive role with Ricken as his father. He receives Dual Guard+ from the Great Knight class as well as Defender from the Paladin class. Lifetaker from Dark Knight can be used to increase longevity (though Renewal gives it some competition), Aegis will also help increase his longevity. However, there are some flaws with the strength and defense modifiers, foregoing some of the use of a mixed class like the Dark Knight. However, the skills that Owain obtains, as well as his other modifiers (especially the one within magic, which can deal a serious amount of damage and make short work of many enemies, especially with a forged Celica's Gale, Tomefaire, and Luna) more than makes up for it.
Libra: Like Henry, Libra passes down Dark Mage, but the only other class he passes down is the Mage class. Should Libra still be a War Monk by the time Owain is recruited, Owain will inherit a slightly increased magic growth, which is already high thanks to Lissa, as well as a bumped Strength growth, too. Libra also offers a high resistance modifier for Owain, and with Owain as a Sorcerer, makes him hard to take down with magic. Vengeance, Vantage and Wrath all activate for Owain at half HP, making him even harder to kill as Vantage will allow him to move first, almost certainly killing what attacks him, and should Owain be placed in a critical condition, both parents can possibly pass down Renewal, giving him even more buffing.
Henry: Henry is very similar to Libra especially in terms of skills. His mods tend to be more balanced than Libra, having a good stat distribution and no negative modifiers. He passes down Thief, and, most importantly, Dark Mage. As a Sorcerer, Owain can tank using Nosferatu tomes and Vantage, making him very hard to kill. Owain can inherit Lifetaker from Henry for longevity, Lucky Seven to bolster his Hit/Avoid for the first seven turns, or Tomebreaker to avoid being hit by magic.
- "What is this? Have I found the legendary item of...er...legend?" (item)
- "I hereby dub my weapon 'Shadowdarkness.' Yes...it will be a fitting brand." (exp)
- "Secret art...BINDING BLADE! Heeyah! Yes, I can feel the extra training working..." (weapon exp)
Asking - NormalEdit
- "Even the Chosen One needs a day of rest. How do you fill your spare time?" (free time)
- "Why the smile? Was my ultimate attack truly that breathtaking?" (happy)
- "Today I came one step closer to my place in the sagas. What do you dream of?" (dreams)
- "My sword hand! I cannot control it! I...I need your help!" (team up)
Replying - NormalEdit
- "Me? I secretly battle with evil. The forces of darkness fall upon me at every moment!" (free time)
- "No, I'm just glad I've been able to keep my sword hand in check. Apocalypse averted!" (happy)
- "How bold of you to ask! I dream only of claiming my rightful place in the sagas." (dreams)
- "I understand. You seek the power of the heroic bloodline. ...Very well!" (team up)
Asking - LissaEdit
- "Mother, fight me! In the future, I was never able to best you in combat." (train)
- "Mother, I’ve devised some new names for my moves! Do you think they sound good?" (concern)
- "Mother, do you need anything? I’m having a 'dutiful son' moment." (gift)
- "Mother, you always ask me about the future, but I want to know about your life so far." (story)
Replying - LissaEdit
- "No! You promised to go easy on me in the future and beat me to a pulp anyway!" (train)
- "How about a smoking weapon, then? Ask Uncle Chrom for something legendary!" (gift)
- "Thank you, Mother, but I like my new scar. It adds mystique to my persona." (concern)
- "In the future, I fought Risen and added to my vast library of weapon names. Let me show you my finest weapon of all! ...It’s actually just a piece of a staff. But I named it 'Lissa.' You were holding it when you... Well, it’s my greatest treasure." (story)
Asking - FatherEdit
- "Fight me, Father! I must surpass you and mark my passage into adulthood!" (train)
- "Father, that scar is huge! It's amazing! ...Er, I mean, are you all right?" (concern)
- "Father, do you need anything? Your son shall deliver it forthwith" (gift)
- "Father, tell me about your life before we met. I've always wanted to know." (story)
Replying - FatherEdit
- "At last, this day has come. Have at thee, Father! Watch your son rise to glory!" (train)
- "Don’t worry. I always look weak after unleashing the extent of my powers." (concern)
- "How about a new eye color? Oh! What if I had two DIFFERENTLY COLORED eyes?" (gift)
- "I have few memories of you, Father, but I remember you taking me to the armory. I used to get uncomfortable when you inscribed 'I Love Lissa' on your purchases. You haven't already started doing that, have you? Oh boy." (story)
Asking - MarriedEdit
- What do you have there, (name)? *gasp* It sparkles like... like the legendary..." (gift)
- I love you, (name). Not even the whims of time can part us." (love)
- "(name), stay close to me in battle. No foe shall snuff out the light of my life!" (promise)
- "You look lovely, (name). Your eyes twinkle like earthly stars." (compliment)
Replying - MarriedEdit
- "Well I must maintain a charming image for my love. ...And the poets. But mostly you." (compliment)
- "I love you, too. Even when immortalized in poetry. I shall be yours to command." (love)
- "This is 'Goddess.' I named it for you, my love, though it pales next to your beauty." (gift)
- "Fear not. I swear I shall not be vanquished, no matter the foes aligned against me!" (promise)
Asking - ChildEdit
- "Tell me, my almighty offspring, do you need anything?" (gift)
- "You look down somehow...Gods! Has the unbridled power within you awakened?!" (concern)
- "Say, what was I like in the future? Do you remember anything?" (story)
- "When and how did you grow so powerful? I must know! Fight with me now!" (train)
Replying - ChildEdit
- "Gladly. But remember, you brought the calamity of my omnipotence upon yourself." (train)
- "I have you. What else could I possibly need?" (gift)
- "Don't worry, I'm my usual self. Though I may have...pushed myself too hard today." (concern)
- "Well, I very rarely talk about myself, but all right. You are my son, after all. Before arriving in this era, I battled in a parallel timeline to save the world. My crusade became known as the...Hey! Are you listening?!" (story)
- "Hnngh?! P-power...surging uncontrollably!" (6+ stats up)
- "Heh... My true power has been unleashed." (4-5 stats up)
- "I'd expect no less from the hero of an epoch." (2-3 stats up)
- "Sinister forces conspire to hinder my growth!" (0-1 stat up)
- "I've surpassed my final limit. ...I am complete." (0-1 stat up, most stats capped)
- "Behold the scope of my newly awakened powers!"
- "Get me something mighty! Something...LEGENDARY!" (buying)
- "Please, no! All my stuff has sentimental value!" (selling)
- "A cool new weapon is going to need a cool new name..." (forging)
- "The blood of heroes courses through me! Today I will mete out great justice!" (surge)
- "The time to unleash my true power is nigh..." (misc)
Greetings - NormalEdit
- "Back, Avatar! My sword hand growls with a fierce morning hunger!" (morning)
- "Back, Avatar! The midday sun draws out my inner monster!" (midday)
- "Back, Avatar! My sword hand comes alive with the moonlight!" (evening)
- "Back, damn you! The darkness is upon us! My sword hand howls!" (night)
- "Is it truly the day of your birth, Avatar? What providence!" (birthday)
Greetings - MarriedEdit
- "Avatar! You have returned. ...The morning stirs my blood!" (morning)
- "Avatar! You have returned. ...What is your calling today?" (midday)
- "Avatar! You have returned. ...The night eases my burdened heart." (evening)
- "Avatar! You have returned. ...My eyelids weigh heavy as destiny." (night)
- "On this day, the world was given light. And by 'light,' I mean you!" (birthday)
Greetings - ChildEdit
- "Stay back, Father! My sword hand growls with a fierce morning hunger!" (morning)
- "Stay back, Father! The midday draws out my inner monster!" (midday)
- "Stay back, Father! My sword hand comes alive with the moonlight!" (evening)
- "Stay back, Father! The darkness is upon us! My sword hand howls!" (night)
- "Is today the day of your birth, Father? What providence!" (birthday)
Lissa's future son. His elaborate theatrics suggest a need to stand out, as do the absurd names he bestows upon his weapons and his "special moves." The most apt to shout "Level up!" Born on July 15th.
An enigmatic swordsman who tends toward theatrics.
“You eluded my defenses and pierced my heart! It seems I've finally found...my weakness.”
—Owain's confession quote.
“Heed not the dark’s eerie call, friend! Summon forth the strength inside you!”
—Owain's final chapter quote.
“Farewell, O dire beast! Now it's your turn to suffer in darkness!”
—Owain's quote after Grima was defeated by Chrom.
“Sorry, but you're not going anywhere, Father. You and I can destroy the fell dragon by awakening the true power in our blood!”
—Owain reassuring the Avatar for their choice if he is his son.
“My sword hand fears not the demon that threatens to one day rise again. As long as the scions of Naga live on, we need not fear evil.”
—Owain reassuring the Avatar for their choice if he is her husband.
“I feel a soul straight and true pulsing in the darkness. The hero...will return!”
—Owain's quote after the Avatar's sacrifice of killing Grima
The Golden Gaffe Pre-BattleEdit
“Give Mom's gold back! What a rotten thing to... Er, I mean... Repent, foul takers of my mother's beloved and shiny fortunes! Today you shall pay only in blood!”
—Owain's pre-battle quote.
EXPonential Growth Pre-BattleEdit
“Hold, thou plunderer of the fruits of earthen fertility! I have come from another plane to send you a painful message! ... Actually I just have nothing better to do. Now die, fiend!”
—Owain's pre-battle quote.
Infinite Regalia Pre-BattleEdit
“I noticed you've inscribed names on your weapons—very dignified. What's that marking there? Ooh! A diphthong? An interrobang? Come, enemy of mine! Let us trade blows and lofty naming secrets!”
—Owain's pre-battle quote.
Death's Embrace Pre-BattleEdit
“What is this wretched hellhole?! To survive in a loathsome place like this is no small feat. You've earned my respect friend. Now let me end your suffering...”
—Owain's pre-battle quote.
Five-Anna Firefight Pre-BattleEdit
“Gushing lava streaks across the land like blood split upon the earth... Its presence resonates with my very soul... What is this strange exhilaration I feel?! Ah! My sword hand! It's...tingling! Flee, wicked ones! Flee while you still can!”
—Owain's pre-battle quote.
Roster Rescue Pre-BattleEdit
“So you saw the roster and think you know all about me? Well, think again! The only place you'll find MY secrets inscribed is in the Manual of Justice! W-wait, what are you doing? Put that down! Don't you try to read that! HEY!”
—Owain's pre-battle quote.
Summer Scramble Pre-BattleEdit
“Blood...boiling...from this heat... Can't...control...sword hand... Flee now...brigand...or face the burning justice of...a thousand...a thousand... Argh, it's so hot I can't even remember my lines! Snap out of it, Owain!”
—Owain's pre-battle quote.
Hot-Spring Scramble Pre-BattleEdit
“My blood simmers with a fervor far greater than ever before! But why?! No mere battle has stoked this fury. The source is deeper... More powerful! What? N-no, it had nothing to do with passing by the ladies-only bath, I swear!”
—Owain's pre-battle quote.
- "I shall save you!"
- "Let's go!"
- "A hero is never idle."
- "My sword hand twitches."
- "Join me!"
- "Fighters, assemble!"
- "With all speed."
- "As you will."
- "We're in this together."
- "Watch and learn!"
- "We fight as one!"
- "Begone, fiend!"
- "Face me, evil doer!"
- "Try to focus."
- "No ya don't!"
- "Brace yourself!"
- "Child's play!"
- "Down, sword hand!"
- "I am invincible!"
Partner Defeated EnemyEdit
- "I could have stayed home!"
- "Owain needs no aid!"
Defeated by enemyEdit
- "Ugh, aahhh..."
“Argh... I see the Stygian dark... C-can't feel my...sword hand...”
—Owain's death quote in Paralogue 5
“Ungh... Stupid weapon...doesn't work... Should have...given it...a better name...”
—Owain's death quote after recruitment (classic mode)
“Though it goes against every instinct in my body, I fear I must retreat...”
—Owain's retreat quote after recruitment (casual mode)
“Mother... Father... Forgive me... I couldn't keep Ylisse...safe...”
—Future Owain's death quote in The Future Past 2
- Owain - Chosen One
- Owain tried settling down in Ylisse but ultimately set off on a lengthy quest to "stay his sword hand." Oddball heroes matching his description continue to crop up in local legends to this day.
- Owain and the Avatar
- Many wrote of Avatar's legendary exploits, but accounts of her origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on one thing alone—she loved her husband, Owain, above all else.
- Owain and Lucina
- Owain set off on a lengthy quest with Lucina to "stay his sword hand." Did they simply journey to another land, or did they return to their own time? None know for certain.
- Owain and Kjelle
- Owain set off on a lengthy quest with Kjelle to "stay his sword hand." ...The idea was actually Kjelle's, and he was just along while she trained, but she had the grace to let his delusions continue.
- Owain and Cynthia
- Owain set off on a lengthy quest with Cynthia to "stay his sword hand." Their semidelusional journey was said to be one of much mayhem and mirth.
- Owain and Severa
- Owain set off on a lengthy quest with Severa to "stay his sword hand." Though Severa nagged her husband mercilessly, she also provided much love and support.
- Owain and Morgan
- Owain set off on a lengthy quest with Morgan to "stay his sword hand." While Morgan's memory never returned, she didn't seem to miss it, and the two lived out their days most happily.
- Owain and Noire
- Owain set off on a lengthy quest with Noire to "stay his sword hand." Noire worried endlessly about what terrors her husband's sword hand might hold, but as it turned out, there were none.
- Owain and Nah
- Owain set off on a lengthy quest with Nah to "stay his sword hand." Nah got much eye-rolling practice during the journey, but she stayed by her husband's side nonetheless.
Super Smash Bros. SeriesEdit
|Owain||When Owain first runs into Lissa, he introduces himself as her son from the future and proves his royal heritage with the Brand of the Exalt on his arm. He brings theatrics to battle, referring to his weapons with names he's given them and shouting the names of his special moves as he performs them.|
Owain is a name that can mean "noble-born". It is a Welsh variant of the name "Owen", and is pronounced the same. Eudes is a French name meaning "wealth", likely referencing his continuous flow of ideas for weapons and techniques. It is also a form of "Oto", a Germanic name that also means "wealth".
- Owain was voted the second most popular male character in the Fire Emblem: Awakening Character Popularity Poll in Japan.
- Owain's birthday is the same day that Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo was first released in Japan.
- In one of his battle quotes, he refers to the other previous titles of the series, using their subtitles, such as Radiant Dawn, The Sacred Stones, Shadow Dragon, and even The Binding Blade, which is one of the possible localized names for Fire Emblem: Binding Blade that was originally mentioned on the official website for Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Owain's map sprite as a Myrmidon shows him in his trademark pose with his hand covering his face.
- If Owain obtains an S-Support with Lucina, a Chrom-fathered Cynthia or Kjelle, or an Emmeryn-mothered Morgan, their status screens will refer to each other as "Companion", instead of "Husband" or "Wife", like in the japanese version. The reason for this was probably to remove the implications of an incestuous relationship between cousins. However, all support dialogue between the latter three do not change regardless if Cynthia and Kjelle are the daughters of Chrom or Morgan is the daughter of Emmeryn.
- Owain's official artwork depicts him wielding a Killing Edge.
- If the Male Avatar marries Lissa, Owain will have both the Exalted Blood and Fell Dragon Blood. Owain is one of four children who can possibly have this trait, the other 3 being both Morgans and Lucina.