Plegia (ペレジア, Perezia in the Japanese version) is a theocracy devoted to the Fell Dragon Grima.
Unlike its easterly neighbor, Ylisse, Plegia worships the Fell Dragon Grima. This leads to a conflict between the two nations for their worship of different dragons which lasted for nearly 1000 years. Plegia is ruled by their king, Gangrel, but his power affects only some of the nation. The other portion is ruled by a religious sect, the Grimleal, a cult that worships the Fell Dragon. Every citizen of Plegia is a member of this cult, although for some such as Gangrel, this is merely by name, not by true reverence.
Like all countries of the realm, Plegia was founded during a period known as "the Schism", a somewhat vague event in the time between Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ and Awakening. After the defeat of the Fell Dragon, Grima, Plegia was tasked with safeguarding a gemstone of the Fire Emblem, the black gem Sable. However, this was ironic as the Fire Emblem was a part of the downfall of the Fell Dragon. A short time after the fall of Grima, the Grimleal was formed. Because of Plegia's worship of Grima, this lead to a long lasting war between them and the Holy Dragon Naga worshiping neighbors of Ylisse.
Fifteen years prior to the events of Awakening, Ylisse launched a crusade into Plegia due to their worship the Fell Dragon. The war was particularly more brutal than any other war between the two nations before. Both realms were nearly destroyed as a result, but the war was abruptly ended when the previous Exalt suddenly died. With the daughter of the Exalt, Emmeryn, in power, all Ylisseans were withdrawn from Plegia. Though Ylisse eventually recovered and moved on from this war, Plegia held a deep grudge against the Halidom, led by their King Gangrel. Seeking vengeance on Ylisse, Plegia began to attack the borders between the two nations, hoping to spark a war between the two, thus leading to the events at the start of Awakening.
Known People from PlegiaEdit
- Gangrel - The Mad King of Plegia prior to Chapter 11.
- The Avatar - the amnesiac Tactician found on the wayside and the new Tactician for the Shepherds (Potential Queen of Ylisse if the Avatar is female).
- Aversa - A seductive Dark Flier brainwashed by Vaildar, whose cold and manipulative traits have lead many men to ruin.
- Validar - The leader of the mysterious Grimleal cult and King after Chapter 11.
- Tharja - A moody Dark Mage who develops a strong attraction to the Avatar upon recruitment.
- Henry - A Dark Mage whose enthusiastic and happy nature is offset by his strong bloodlust.
- Mustafa - A Plegian Army Captain.
- Vasto - A Plegian Army Captain.
- Chalard - A Plegian Army Captain.
- Campari - A Plegian Army Captain.
- Algol - A Plegian Army Captain.
- Orton - A Plegian Army Captain.
- Garrick - A Plegian Army Captain.