The Priest (プリースト Purīsuto) is a support magical class that recurrently appears across the Fire Emblem Series, beginning from Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. Mainly intended for support purposes, Priests are only capable of aiding allies with the power of staves. As such, Priests are unable to directly attack, save for Radiant Dawn, where they are bequeathed the ability to counterattack.
History in the SeriesEdit
In its original inception in Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, the Curate (そうりょ Sōryo, lit. Monk) is a unisex class and can eventually promote into Bishop.
In TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga, the Priest class is unable to promote.
Beginning from The Binding Blade, the Priest class is reinstated into the series with the Bishop class acting as its staple promoted form. As Bishops, Priests are granted the ability to arm Light Magic for combat purposes.
In The Sacred Stones, the Priest class is separated from the Cleric class.. It is also further given the option to promote into the Sage class alongside the Bishop class. As Sages, Priests can also access Anima Magic alongside Light Magic.
In Radiant Dawn, the Priest (神官 Purīsuto) class is again made unisex, with Laura acting as the only playable character of this class. The Priest class promotes into the Bishop class in this title, much like its predecessors.
In Fates, the Priest class is called Monk (修験者 Shugenja lit. Ascetic) and is regarded as a Hoshidan class. Considered the male counterpart of the Shrine Maiden class, Monks are given the option to promote either into Great Masters or Onmyoji.
Priests serve the sole purpose of aiding their allies through their healing staves, replenishing their HP when they sustain damage during combat. Locked to using their healing staves as their primary source of experience gains (aside from the paltry amounts they get from being engaged in combat by hostile units), the player thus has no other option but to ensure that their ability is utilised as much as is possible until they reach a level appropriate for promotion. As they also happen to be physically frail due to their low Defense, Priests must always be deployed alongside bodyguards to shield them from onslaughts while they work in the sidelines to support their allies.
|FE10||Shove||Base skill of all foot units.|
|Learnt at Level 1.|
Learnt at Level 10.
|Learnt at Level 1 and above.|
Learnt at Level 10 and above.
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class(es)|
|FE1||Curate||Use a Bishop Ring on a Level 10+ Priest.||Bishop|
|FE4||Priest||Choose the "Class Change" option in the Home Castle when the relevant unit reaches Level 20.||High Priest|
|FE5||Priest||Use a Knight Proof on a Level 10+ Priest.||High Priest|
|FE6||Priest||Use a Guiding Ring on a Level 10+ Priest.||Bishop|
|FE8||Priest||Use a Guiding Ring on a Level 10+ Priest.||Bishop|
|Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Priest.|
|Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Priest or train a Priest to Level 21.|
|FE11||Curate||Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Priest.||Bishop|
|FE12||Curate||Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Priest.||Bishop|
|FE13||Priest||Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Priest.||War Monk|
|FE14||Monk||Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Monk.||Great Master|
- Wrys - A Talysian curate who joins Marth to defend his home from the Galder pirates. He is, however, omitted in Mystery of the Emblem.
- Lena - A Medonian priestess fleeing from the Soothsires with Julian in Chapter 3.
- Maria - The youngest of the royal Medonian siblings who is eventually imprisoned by her own brother, Michalis.
- Elice - Marth's older sister, and the only one who can wield the resurrection staff Aum.
Note: Lena, Maria and Elice are Clerics in the remake.
- Celica - A priest warrior who serves the Goddess Mila. She is the main heroine of her game.
- Promotion for: Mae, Sonia and Delthea.
- Edain - A young holy woman who was captured by Jamke's brothers.
- Lana - Daughter of Edain and sister of Lester, she is a very young priestess who is part of Shannan and Seliph's Liberation army.
- Muirne - A member of the Liberation army and Lana's replacement.
- Coirpre - Foster child of Hannibal, son of Sylvia, and, unknown by each other, brother to Lene.
- Charlot - Coirpre's replacement, and brother to Lene's replacement, Laylea.
- Safy - A priestess from Tahra sent to find people willing to assist in the effort to resist Grannvale's invasion.
- Tina - Safy's sister.
- Sleuf - A priest who can communicate with the spirit of Claud.
- Saul - A priest with an important mission from the Elimine Church. He consistently hits on any woman despite vows of chastity.
- Elen - A young priestess in service as the lady-in-waiting to Guinivere.
- Moulder - A Frelian priest who is well-trusted by King Hayden and is sent to aid Eirika alongside Gilliam and Vanessa.
- Laura - A young priest from Daein who joins the Dawn Brigade after they save the abbey she worked in.
- Brady - Maribelle's son from the future. Though raised as a noble, he has employed a thuggish appearance and mannerisms.
- Azama - An apathetic monk with a sardonic wit that contrasts with his devout role. He is a retainer for Hinoka.