Over one thousand years prior to the game's events, Reeve was formed by a small group of immigrants from the eastern continent of Jugd who crossed over the Reeve River. The settlers established four dukedoms (Granada, Zemseria, Razelia, and Nolzeria) which were later united as the Republic of Reeve. Fearing the growing power of these outsiders, the native people of Zoa launched an attack against Reeve, starting a war between the two factions. Within only five years, the Reevan official Denoas conquered all of the Zoan clans. After the Zoan clan leader Kalbazan drank Miradona's blood and became the dark dragon Gerxel, he annihilated Reeve within one year. However, the hero Garlon eventually defeated him with Utna's help. Afterwards, Garlon and Utna became the rulers of the Reeve Empire.
After Garlon's death, the nobles and senators divided the Empire into four kingdoms: Reeve, Salia, Canaan, and Leda. The Kingdom of Reeve was ruled by the descendants of one of Garlon's daughters, Muse. Many years later, it was invaded by the reborn Zoa Empire. It collapses after the Tragedy of Nolzeria, in which Lord Glamdr of Razelia and Prince Arless of Canaan were killed by the Water Dragon, Muse.
The only surviving direct member of the royal family is Princess Maeve. The queen died of grief after Maeve was kidnapped by Naris to be used for his own political ambitions. Rentzen, the son of Duke Dolmu of Zemseria, is related to the royal family through his mother.
Known People from ReeveEdit
- Denoas - The leader of the Republic of Reeve.
- Garlon - A legendary hero who became the emperor of Reeve.
- Utna - The supposed daughter of Miradona who became the empress of Reeve.
- Enteh - Princess Maeve of Reeve and the Shaman of Water.
- Mios - The Sage of Light and Naris's father.
- Naris - An ambitious court mage who was obsessed with power.
- Rishel - The son of Naris and Rose.
- Meriah - The daughter of Naris and Rose.