Sacae (サカ Saka) is the most easterly nation of Elibe. Its capital city is Bulgar. Founded by Hanon, the Divine Trooper, it is home to nomadic tribes in both Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade and Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade.
Situated south of Ilia and north of Bern, Sacae is generally a wide expanse of prairie, it is bordered to the north and south by mountains, with said mountains being home to bandits that cause problems to the inhabitants.
Though Sacae has the status of "a nation", there is no government, but rather houses a considerable number of nomadic tribes and a small town. The number of Sacaen nomad tribes is not precis, as. Guy spoke of Kutolah as "one of the three Sacae tribes", but later he claims that he had never heard of the Lorca and it is said that twenty years later the Djute clan was abolished and Have been eliminated from other Sacaean tribes. This suggests that the Lorca, the Kutolah, and the Djute were three Sacaean main tribes in addition to a fairly large number of minor clans. While many nomads travel constantly on the plains, there are some, such as the Lorca tribe, who live there permanently.
Saceans are known to never lie, and to always keep to their word. This makes common people trust Saceans, as Lyn trusts the word of Uhai, her enemy. On the other hand, some Lycian nobles exhibit racist behavior towards them, like Lundgren who believes Lyn to be unfit of claiming the throne of Caelin due to being half-Sacaean, or the Marquess of Araphen who openly belittles Lyn's heritage and loses Rath's trust because of such behavior.
The necessities of nomadic life have resulted in a small number of styles of combat seeing wide practice among the Sacaeans to the general exclusion of others, as the majority of Sacaean warriors are Nomad or Nomadic Troopers, called for the need to hunt and the Speed in the region, while those who do not learn this, have chosen to fight with swords, becoming Myrmidons and Swordmasters. In addition, a large number of shamans were part of the warrior forces of the Djute clan. The only exception is the Mercenary Glass, fought in Lyn's story. Although in The Binding Blade, some nomads appear as druids.
Fire Emblem: The Blazing BladeEdit
- Lyndis - Daughter of Hassar and Madelyn, is of mixed blood. Is notable as a Lord character in The Blazing Blade.
- Hassar - Lyn's father and chief of the Lorca tribe
- Rath - Captain of the Araphen castle guard and member of the Kutolah tribe
- Guy - A swordsman and a member of the Kutolah tribe
- Uhai - The Soaring Hawk, one of the original members of the Black Fang
- Karel - The Sword Demon, a Swordmaster who seeks worthy opponents
- Karla - Karel's sister who fights in arenas
- Glass - Prideful swordsman fought as a boss in Lyn's Story
Fire Emblem: The Binding BladeEdit
- Sue - Rath's daughter and Dayan's granddaughter, member of the Kutolah tribe
- Sin - Member of the Kutolah tribe
- Fir - Daughter of Karla and Bartre, niece of Karel
- Dayan - The Silver Wolf, chief of the Kutolah tribe and Rath's father
- Karel - Greatly changed from his days as the Sword Demon
- Monke - Chief of the Djute tribe who sided with Bern
- Thoril - Member of the Djute tribe
- Maral - Member of the Djute tribe
- Brakul - Member of the Djute tribe
- Kudoka - Member of the Djute tribe
- Kabul - Member of the Djute tribe
- Chan - Member of the Djute tribe
- Rutger - Special case as he is of mixed blood, his parents coming from both Sacae and Bern.
Sacae is the Latinized version of Saka (the pronunciation which is kept in the Japanese version). It refers to the Persian name of an ancient Iranian people who founded the Indo-Scythian kingdom in modern-day India and Pakistan. The Saka were a horse-riding people of the Central Asian steppes similar to the in-game nomads of Sacae.
- It appears that green hair is common among Saceans, as five of the Sacaeans shown have green hair.