Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
“Ephraim's sister is in danger. Grado's General Caellach has attacked Jehanna Hall, forcing its surrender. Though Eirika and her troop have left the Hall, Grado's forces pursue them relentlessly. Trapped in the burning desert, enemy forces close in on them from all sides. With no time to wait for Frelia's troops, Ephraim leaves for Jehanna immediately. He must go to his sister's aid.”
—Opening Narration (Ephraim's Route)
Scorched Sand is Chapter 15 of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. It is the chapter where Eirika and Ephraim's routes merge. If you took Eirika's route, Ephraim will appear along with Knoll and Duessel at the end of the second turn. If you took Ephraim's path, Eirika will appear after the first turn with Saleh and Innes. It is the chapter where you must fight both Valter and Caellach.
Most people go after Caellach, as he has fewer troops and possesses the Hoplon Guard to shield against Valter's Killer Lance. People should draw the Berserker to the side (if you took Eirika's route), as he holds a Dragon Axe. The village should be visited too, as the old lady there will give the player a Master Seal. All the other houses do not give you anything.
A flying unit and a Thief or Rogue is recommended to obtain the rare items hidden under the sand such as the Metis's Tome and Swiftsole. Unlike other characters, Colm and Rennac will always find the hidden items once they step on the tiles they can be found in (unless Colm has been promoted to an Assassin which leaves only Rennac.) It is easier to just use Colm or Rennac and at most have the flying unit ferry them across to reach the spots safely. There is also a Guiding Ring that can be stolen from the enemy Shaman near Valter. The Silver Card is definitely the most important item not to be missed.
- Boss: Valter L13 Wyvern Knight w/ Spear, Killer Lance, Fili Shield*
- Boss: Caellach L12 Hero w/ Tomahawk, Silver Axe, Hoplon Guard*
- 1 Shaman L13 w/ Flux, Eclipse, Guiding Ring
- 1 Shaman L13 w/ Luna*
- 1 Berserker L6 w/ Devil Axe
- 1 Berserker L5 w/ Dragon Axe**, Hand Axe**
- 1 Paladin L4 w/ Silver Lance
- 1 Troubadour L3 w/ Physic, Mend
- 1 Troubadour L3 w/ Sleep, Mend*
- 1 Fighter L13 w/ Iron Axe
- 1 Fighter L12 w/ Iron Axe
- 2 Fighter L11 w/ Iron Axe
- 1 Fighter L11 w/ Hammer
- 1 Brigand L13 w/ Steel Axe
- 3 Mercenary L14 w/ Iron Blade
- 3 Mercenary L13 w/ Iron Sword
- 1 Mercenary L12 w/ Iron Sword
- 2 Mercenary L11 w/ Iron Blade
- 3 Myrmidon L13 w/ Steel Sword
- 2 Cavalier L14 w/ Steel Lance
- 2 Ranger L4 w/ Steel Sword, Steel Bow
- 7 Wyvern Rider L13 w/ Steel Lance
- 4 Wyvern Rider L13 w/ Steel Lance, Javelin
*Denotes an item dropped upon defeat
**Drops the weapon unequipped
- Cavaliers will come from the two forts near Valter
- Pegasus Knights will come from the Northeast and behind Castle Jehanna
- Mages will come from the North and Northwest, Turns 8-11
- A large enemy group will come from the Southwest on Turn 8, so keep some good units at the rear to deal with them.
- Three Mages
- Two Cavaliers
- Two Fighters
- One Mercenary
- One Paladin
Queen of White Dunes or Father and Son
|Scorched Sand||Next chapter:|
Ruled by Madness