Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Shaman (シャーマン Shāman) is a combat magical class that is introduced in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. Throughout its various appearances in subsequent titles, the class has undergone several changes that makes its Jugdral and GBA incarnations uniquely different from each other.
History in the SeriesEdit
The Judgral iteration of the Shaman class is one that employs Light Magic and Staves as its equipment of choice, with distinct examples taking the form of Deirdre and Julia. In Thracia 776, the Shaman is referred to as the Sister (シスター Shisutā) and is able to employ all forms of Anima Magic in addition to Light Magic and Staves. Both games' Shamans promote into Sages.
The second and more well-known rendition of the Shaman class is the GBA iteration, first introduced in Binding Blade and later becoming a mainstay class in Rekka no Ken and The Sacred Stones. This version of the class is armed with Dark Magic and eventually promotes into the Druid class. In The Sacred Stones, Shamans are further given the alternative option of promoting into Summoners.
|FE5||14||0||1||2||5||0||0||-||5||3||-||E E E D E|
|FE5||80||20||20||20||20||20||20||-||20||20||-||A A A A A|
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class(es)|
|FE4 (Julia)||Shaman||Choose the "Class Change" option in the Home Castle when the relevant unit reaches Level 20.||Sage|
|FE5||Sister||Use a Knight Proof on a Level 10+ Sister.|
Visit the Church in Chapter 21 (Linoan).
|FE6||Shaman||Use a Guiding Ring on a Level 10+ Shaman.||Druid|
|FE7||Shaman||Use a Guiding Ring on a Level 10+ Shaman.||Druid|
|FE8||Pupil||Automatically at the start of next map after reaching Level 10.||Shaman|
|FE8||Shaman||Use a Guiding Ring on a Level 10+ Shaman.||Druid|
- Deirdre - The wife of Sigurd and later Arvis. The daughter of Cigyun and Kurth and the mother of Seliph, Julius and Julia.
- Julia - Deirdre's daughter, Julius's twin sister, Seliph's half-sister, and the imperial princess of Grannvale.
- Wagner - Boss of chapter 6. He was Lord Orun's advisor before he assassinated him.
- Raigh - An orphan from Araphen and the twin brother of Lugh.
- Sophia - The half-dragon girl from Arcadia who can see the future.
- Heintz - Boss of Chapter 7. A man under the employ of the Black Fang.
- Canas - A young man on a search for knowledge.
- Zoldam - Boss of Chapter 17. A man under the employ of Nergal himself.
- Knoll - One of Grado's royal mages who aided Lyon in the making of the Dark Stone.
- Novala - Boss of Chapter 6 with an aim to replace Riev at Vigarde's side.
- Possible Promotion for Ewan.
- Curiously, promoting Shamans in Genealogy of the Holy War actually lowers one of their weapon ranks (Their Light Magic rank goes down to B from A). This is not noticeable in the actual gameplay, as both playable shamans have Major Naga holy blood, ensuring that they possess the highest Light Magic rank possible.