Shaman is the name of two separate classes in the history of the Fire Emblem series.
The first version of the Shaman class appeared in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, examples of which being Deirdre and Julia. This rendition uses light magic and staves, and promotes into a Sage. This class appeared in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 under the name Sister (Shaman in the fan translation) and could use Fire, Thunder and Wind magic in addition to Light and staves.
The second and more well-known rendition of the Shaman class was first seen in Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, later becoming a mainstay class in Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, the other GameBoy Advance installments. They use Dark Magic, and promote to Druids. In The Sacred Stones, shamans were capable of alternatively promoting into Summoners.
Genealogy of the Holy WarEdit
- Deirdre - Sigurd's, and later Arvis's, wife, the daughter of Cigyun and Kurth, the mother of Seliph, Julius, and Julia.
- Julia - Deirdre's daughter, Julius's twin sister, and Seliph's half-sister, the imperial princess of Grannvale.
- Wagner - Boss of chapter 6. He was Lord Orun's advisor, before he assassinated him.
- Raigh - the complete opposite of, and Lugh's twin brother.
- Sophia - the half-dragon girl from Arcadia.
Rekka no KenEdit
- Heintz - Boss of Chapter 7. A man under the employ of the Black Fang.
- Canas - a young man on a search of knowledge
- Zoldam - Boss of Chapter 17. A man under the employ of Nergal himself
The Sacred StonesEdit
- Knoll - one of Grado's royal mages who aided Lyon in the making of the Dark Stone
- Novala - boss of Chapter 6 with an aim to replace Riev at Vigarde's side
- Possible Promotion for Ewan.
- Shamans are supposedly the slowest units except knights. However, Knoll, Ewan, and Canas all have high speed, as Ewan easily reaches 15 as a first class shaman, and Canas will usually have 12 by the time he reaches level 12/13, and will compare to Legault, a thief, who has 15 speed. On top of that, Lleu is on the faster side too, and even more so with hard mode bonuses. The only shaman who can truly be considered slow is Sophia.