“Really...? It's already the end. Samson, I have brought you much trouble. I need to watch the final days of my kingdom of Gra. You may leave now.”
—Sheema to Samson
Sheema (シーマ, Sheema) is a playable character in Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem and Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~; she is the Princess of Gra. She is the daughter of Jiol through his second wife, but unlike Jiol, she has a sense of honor. Because of this, she disliked her father for siding with Doluna and betraying Altea and thus she fled to Pales.
After her father's death, Emperor Hardin of Akaneia instated her back to Gra, where she gained the support of her people. When war began again, she hired the hero Samson as her protector and they grew attached with one another. Unlike her father, she cares for her subordinates. When she noticed that Marth was not harming her fleeing soldiers, she joined Marth's army and convinced Samson to do the same.
When the war ended she gave up her position and settled in Pales. It's implied she did it to stay with Samson.
According to the Takayashiki Hideo's Mystery of the Emblem novel adaptation, Sheema is 24 years old. 
|Lance|| Silver Lance|
|Character Growth Stat|
|Lance - A|
|Character Growth Stat|
In Mystery of the Emblem, Sheema is recommended if the player is not using Draug as the player will highly benefit from having a Gradivus user for the indoor chapters. Good opportunities for Sheema to gain exp are having her attack her own soldiers in Chapter 17, the Aurelis Knights in the next chapter, or the arena in chapter 19.
Sheema is known for having highly exceptional growth rates, but poor base stats. Due to new stat caps, lack of dismounting, and class swapping, she is not as easy to use in the remake. But if you do plan to use her, reclassing her into a sniper is a good option as her weapon ranks in bows will be maxed out.
Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~Edit
"Declining Marth's request, Sheema renounced her claim to Gra's throne and settled in the palace town. There, she lived as an ordinary but happy girl."
- She is first mentioned by a dying Jiol in Book 1 of Mystery of the Emblem. For someone reason, this death quote is absent in Shadow Dragon even though a remake of book 2 was made.
- Her official art shows her using an axe even though she cannot use one in either the original game or the remake (in her default class).
- In the original, Sheema was capable of attacking her own soldiers for EXP. As this makes no sense, it was removed in the remake, and killing Gra soldiers will turn both Sheema and Samson into unrecruitable enemies even after their recruitment.
- In Mystery of the Emblem, Sheema is a General, the promotion of a Knight, a male-only class. However, in Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~, females can reclass to Generals after promotion, and it is likely that Sheema caused this.
- In Mystery of the Emblem, Sheema's armor is pink, making her one of the few characters with a unique colored sprite.