|First Seen||Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi|
Bow Fighter (Jugdral Series only)
|Promotes To||Bow Knight (Gaiden only)|
|Usable Weapon Types||Bow|
|Class Skills||Shove, Critical +10, Sure StrikeFE8, Hit Rate +20, BowfaireFE13|
A Sniper (スナイパー) is the promoted version of the Archer and a foe to be feared if you are keen on using flying units. While not particularly different from normal Archers, the Sniper is open to the higher class bow weapons. While they do receive a significant boost in defense and health, they're still very vulnerable targets and can't take very much punishment. Snipers will often dodge many attacks directed at them, but it's risky to rely on those abilities. Like Archers, Snipers can also use Ballista. In Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones they have the skill Sure Strike.
Snipers fight exactly like their Archer counterparts, only with more power. Like Myrmidons becoming Swordmasters, Archers becoming Snipers receive much higher critical hit chances, in some games like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
In WiFi battles, Snipers are a very good class. They possess enough speed to double most units, as well as increased critical hit rates. Their use of bows means they are immune to the weapon triangle. Although Snipers have low movement, their ability to use long-range brave weapons is highly valuable. More importantly is their ability to use Longbows; these are invaluable in breaking chokepoints and chipping away at enemy HP without being hit with a counterattack. This advantage can be extended to an amazing amount if there is ballista present. Much of the enemy can be defeated or weakened simply by constant fire from Snipers or Archers on Ballista.
Fire Emblem GBA gamesEdit
- HP: 60
- Str: 25(M) 24(F)
- Skl: 30
- Spd: 28(M) 29(F)
- Def: 25(M) 24(F)
- Res: 23(M) 24(F)
Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi/Shadow DragonEdit
Mystery of the Emblem/Shin Monshō no NazoEdit
- Tomas - One of the exclusive playable character returns in Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~
- Kuraine - One of the assassins and exclusive boss in Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~.
- Promotion for: Raian, Gordin, Norne
Genealogy of the Holy WarEdit
- Briggid - the long-lost daughter of Duke Ring of Jungby, who was raised by the Orgahill Pirates, the older sister of Adean, the older half-sister of Andorey, the mother of Faval and Patty, and the aunt of Lester, Rana, and Scopio.
- Draco - one of the twelve Deadlords
- Promotion for: Jamke, Faval, Asaello.
- Klein - The son of Pent and Louise
- Igrene - The daughter of Hawkeye, and protector of the Nabata Desert
- Promotion for: Wolt and Dorothy
Rekka no KenEdit
- Louise - The wife of Pent
- Denning - The boss of Chapter 29 (Eliwood's story)/30 (Hector's story)
- Promotion for: Wil and Rebecca
The Sacred StonesEdit
Path of Radiance and Radiant DawnEdit
- Shinon - A senior member of the Greil Mercenaries and a secondary boss of Path of Radiance Chapter 18
- Norris - The boss of Path of Radiance Chapter 13
- Rolf in Radiant Dawn - the student of Shinon
- Silvano - The boss of Radiant Dawn in Chapter 3-P
- Promotion for: Rolf in Path of Radiance and Leonardo in Radiant Dawn