A Sniper (スナイパー) is the promoted version of the Archer, as well as the Bow Fighter in the Jugdral Series. While not particularly different from normal Archers, the Sniper is open to the higher class bow weapons. While they do receive a significant boost in defense and health, they're still very vulnerable targets and can't take very much punishment, at least in the earlier games. In the more recent games, however, Snipers have average Defense,surpassed by heavily armored units but surpassing Swordmasters, Sages, and the like. They will often dodge many attacks directed at them, but it's risky to rely on those abilities. Like Archers, Snipers can also use Ballista.
The class is known as Bow Master in TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga, where it is again the promotion of the Bow Fighter.
In Fire Emblem: Fates, the class is known as Holy Bowman and is a Hoshido class.
Snipers fight exactly like their Archer counterparts, only with more power. Like Myrmidons becoming Swordmasters, Archers becoming Snipers sometimes receive much higher critical hit chances, namely in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. This bonus shows up less frequently with Snipers than it does with Swordmasters, however.
In WiFi battles, Snipers are a very good class. They possess enough speed to double most units, as well as increased critical hit rates. Their use of bows means they are immune to the weapon triangle. Although Snipers have low movement, their ability to use long-range brave weapons is highly valuable. More importantly is their ability to use Longbows; these are invaluable in breaking chokepoints and chipping away at enemy HP without being hit with a counterattack. This advantage can be extended to an amazing amount if there is ballista present. Much of the enemy can be defeated or weakened simply by constant fire from Snipers or Archers on Ballista.
- HP: 60
- Str: 25(M) 24(F)
- Skl: 30
- Spd: 28(M) 29(F)
- Def: 25(M) 24(F)
- Res: 23(M) 24(F)
- Lck: 31
Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi/Shadow DragonEdit
Mystery of the Emblem/Shin Monshō no NazoEdit
- Tomas - One of the exclusive playable character returns in Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~
- Kuraine - One of the assassins and exclusive boss in Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~.
- Promotion for: Raian, Gordin, Norne
Genealogy of the Holy WarEdit
- Briggid - the long-lost daughter of Duke Ring of Jungby, who was raised by the Orgahill Pirates, the older sister of Adean, the older half-sister of Andorey, the mother of Faval and Patty, and the aunt of Lester, Rana, and Scopio.
- Draco - one of the twelve Deadlords
- Promotion for: Jamke, Faval, Asaello.
TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga Edit
- Raquel - A bow master known as the "Bow Godess". Swore never to kill another human.
- Promotion for: Ruka, Rennie
- Klein - The son of Pent and Louise
- Igrene - The daughter of Hawkeye, and protector of the Nabata Desert
- Promotion for: Wolt and Dorothy
Rekka no KenEdit
- Louise - The wife of Pent
- Denning - The boss of Chapter 29 (Eliwood's story)/30 (Hector's story)
- Promotion for: Wil and Rebecca
The Sacred StonesEdit
Path of Radiance and Radiant DawnEdit
- Shinon - A senior member of the Greil Mercenaries and a secondary boss of Path of Radiance Chapter 18
- Norris - The boss of Path of Radiance Chapter 13
- Rolf in Radiant Dawn - the student of Shinon
- Silvano - The boss of Radiant Dawn in Chapter 3-P
- Promotion for: Rolf in Path of Radiance and Leonardo in Radiant Dawn