“It's my fault... Argh! I'll never be a real knight if I can't control my horse!”
—Sophie in a support conversation with the male Avatar
Sophie (ゾフィー Zofī) is a playable character in Fire Emblem Fates.
Sophie is the daughter of Silas. She has learned how to fight on horseback from Silas, and her personal horse, Avel (アヴェル Averu), was chosen and named by Silas- though he often causes trouble for her.
In her Paralogue, Sophie is once again trying to practice riding Avel, but he continues to be stubborn with her, bucking her off and running away towards the portal out of her Deeprealm world. Giving chase, Sophie winds up back in the normal world and manages to regain control of Avel. Just as she was about to return back to her Deeprealm, she catches local bandits harassing a village boy. Wanting to help the boy out, as well as hopefully impressing her father, Sophie leaps into action, but Avel proves to be troublesome once more. As luck would have it, Silas and the army he was traveling with happened to be in the area to stop that same bandit gang. After meeting her father on the battlefield, Sophie plays off that her presence is merely because she heard the shouts of help through the portal to her Deeprealm. At the end of the battle, Sophie was surprised that Avel followed her directions in battle, which Silas attributed to her more confident attitude. Silas reveals that he chose Avel for her horse because of his more demanding attitude, hoping that he would teach her to become a confident leader in the future. Proud to see how much his daughter has grown, Silas invites Sophie to come live with the army, an offer she gladly accepts.
Sophie is extremely prone to making mistakes, as shown throughout most of her supports. Despite this, she still remains optimistic and cheerful, although in some cases, she may be saddened and do pointless activities to prevent further accidents. She dreams of being a respectable knight like her father and loves that she can compete with him in his prime. Though she adores her horse Avel, he does not quite take to her. While he will occasionally obey her, particularly when she is serious in battle, he tends to run wild when practicing. This often results in accidents where he bites her hair, causes her to fall while riding him, or bites other people.
Aside from her relationship with Avel, she's very fond of horses in general. Her supports with Forrest reveal that she likes clothing with silhouettes of horses on it, or fabric that's the same colour as Avel's coat.
She talks to herself more than anyone. Her birthday is July 21.
Base Stats (Before Inheritance)Edit
As an EnemyEdit
Xenologue 17 - III: The Changing TideEdit
- These are Sophie's default growth rates. To get her actual growth rates, use the following formula: (Mother's growth rates + Sophie's growth rates) ÷ 2 + Class growth rates.
Max Stat ModifiersEdit
- See also: Sophie/Supports
- The Avatar (Male)
- Kana (Male) (Can also be her brother)
- Shigure (Can also be her brother)
- Sophie's Mother
- The Avatar (Female) (Can also be her mother)
- Kana (Female) - If Sophie is her mother
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
Parental Inheritance SetsEdit
- Inheritance from Father
|Parental Inheritance Sets|
|Possible Candidates||Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
- Inheritance from Mother
*Sophie will receive whatever secondary class that the Avatar has access to if she has achieved an S-Support with him.
Inheriting her Father's base stats, she has an inclination towards Strength and Skill based classes. Regardless of her mother, she will hold onto these positive traits. Her personal skill, Mischievous, further emphasizes her affinity for physical classes since it forces all enemies that she initiates upon to lose 3 points of Defense. On a side note, if she attacks with a weapon advantage, she strips her enemy as a visual bonus. Sophie starts out as a Cavalier with Elbow Room and Shelter giving her a damage boost and utility, respectively, although the latter skill will probably fall off in later stages.
Sophie can promote to either Paladin or Great Knight. Paladin helps her naturally good Speed and Skill growths, and makes her a good all-around physical unit. Defender is somewhat useful early game, although like Shelter it will fall off later. Aegis is a useful skill to shave off magic damage, and Sophie will trigger it often due to her high Skill. Great Knight trades Paladin's Speed and Resistance for Strength and Defense. It offers 2 extremely useful skills in Luna and Armored Blow; the former can help Sophie take down bulkier enemies, while the latter makes her hard to take down physically on her turn. Overall, both classes are good options for Sophie, and it largely comes down to player choice which one they prefer.
Secondary Class and Paternal InheritanceEdit
Like her father, Sophie has access to Mercenary, and its promotions Hero and Bow Knight. While she loses mobility as a Mercenary or Hero, she will also lose her Beast weakness. Her growths and good Sword rank mean she can jump into this line with little trouble. Mercenary offers Good Fortune and Strong Riposte, neither of which are too useful to her. Hero offers Sol, a very useful recovery skill which Sophie should activate often due to her high Skill. Axebreaker can be useful to take down Axe wielders, but since all of Sophie's final classes use Swords they shouldn't present too much of a challenge. Bow Knight lets Sophie regain her mobility, and offers a range option in Bows although she will have to start at E Rank. Rally Skill is not especially useful to her, as she would rather be attacking than supporting. Shurikenbreaker is a superb skill for her, especially on Chapter 25 in the Conquest route. Overall, Sophie is a strong and versatile unit who should be a welcome addition to your army, especially in Birthright.
Silas does not have any friendship class that she cannot get in some form from a potential mother as she can get Ninja from Kagero, Troubadour from Felicia, and Samurai from Hana. Choosing a skill to pass down to her is up to the player, though if searching for a skill that is useful from these classes without forcing her to have one of them as her mother, it is completely up to the player.
- The Avatar. The avatar passes Sophie down the Nohr Princess line, which she can go into with little trouble thanks to her already good sword rank. In Birthright she will get the Hoshido Noble class; in Conquest she will get the Nohr Noble class; in Revelation she has access to both. All of the classes offer useful skills for her: Nohr Princess offers Nobility which helps her level up faster; Dragon Fang deals more consistent damage than her native Luna, although it doesn't trigger as often. Hoshido Noble offers Dragon Ward, a useful skill to shield allies and Hoshidan Unity, which boosts her chances to activate Aegis, Sol, Luna and Dragon Fang. The Avatar can also pass skills she otherwise couldn't have in a particular route: in Birthright, Trample from Malig Knight and Pavise from General are some of the more notable ones. The former gives a boost to her offensive prowess so long as she faces unmounted opponents, the latter combined with Aegis and Sol makes her very hard to break. In Conquest, Swordfaire from Swordmaster or Lancefaire from Spear Master is a good option to increase her damage output with Swords and Lances, respectively. The latter also offers Basara which gives Quixotic to boost the activation rate of Aegis, Luna, Sol and Dragon Fang.
- Azura / Hinoka / Selena. Azura, Hinoka and Selena all offer Sophie the Sky Knight line. She can jump into this line with no problem due to her good Lance rank. This class trades defence and some strength for higher speed and resistance. Darting Blow can help her double enemies more easily, although this will rarely be a problem with her high speed. Camaraderie can restore HP, but overall Sol is a superior recovery skill for Sophie. Falcon Knight offers Rally Speed can help out in a support role, should Sophie be unable to reach an enemy. It also offers Warding Blow which lets her destroy magic userrs with ease. She could combine this with Armored Blow from her native Great Knight to take very little damage on her turn. Her growths are more suited to Falcon Knight than Kinshi Knight, but it does still provide useful skills for her. Air Superiority helps her take down opposing fliers, while Amaterasu is a useful aura skill. Of the three mothers, Azura gives higher speed and skill modifiers, while Hinoka gives higher strength and defence. They can also offer skills from Songstress and the Spear Fighter line, respectively. Foreign Princess helps Sophie hit a little bit harder and take hits slightly better, while Hinoka's Lancefaire lets her hit harder with Lances. Overall Selena is the weakest of the three mothers that give Sky Knight, as unlike Hinoka and Azura, as her alternate class is Mercenary which Sophie already has access to.
Refer to Sophie/Quotes.
Sophie - Clumsy Knight (おっちょこちょい occhokochoi lit. Scatterbrained)
- Sophie became a knight of Nohr so talented that many of her records are yet to be beaten. In particular, young squires study her life to learn how to become better masters of their horses.
- Sophie and the Avatar (Birthright/Conquest)
- Avatar was hailed as a hero, working alongside his spouse to spread peace worldwide. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and the Avatar (Revelation)
- The two spent the rest of their lives together, Avatar ruling as a wise King of Valla. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Asugi
- Asugi stopped appearing in official records, but the Saizo name was passed down at least 100 times. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Dwyer
- Dwyer continued to serve as a butler and was highly in demand for his tea-extraction techniques. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Forrest
- Forrest assisted his father and uncle while simultaneously revolutionizing the fashion world. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Hisame
- Hisame put down the sword and picked up a pen, becoming one of the world's foremost scholars. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Ignatius
- Ignatius was assigned to Nohr's heavy cavalry and instituted many lifesaving safety precautions. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Kana
- Scholars believe Kana traveled the world doing good. Most stories of dragons were based on his deeds. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Kiragi
- Kiragi helped his family rebuild the kingdom. Later he left Hoshido and lived quietly in the mountains. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Percy
- Percy and Ace served together as knights of Nohr. Records show they never lost a battle. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Shigure
- After the war, Shigure traveled the land singing to heal hearts. Love songs were only for his beloved. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Shiro
- Shiro went on a long, solitary journey to learn wisdom. As king he completed Hoshido's recovery. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie and Siegbert
- Siegbert traveled the world to gain experience and later succeeded his father as King of Nohr. Sophie and Avel traveled around the world. She eventually became an outstanding knight.
- Sophie's horse, Avel, is a reference to Abel, a Cavalier from the Archanea Series
- Sophie was voted as the 33rd most popular female character in Nintendo's official Fates character poll.
- Sophie shares her English voice actress, Stephanie Sheh, with Rhajat, Beruka, and Awakening's Tharja and Kjelle.