Enemy Subaki Edit
Conquest Chapter 22Edit
“I will defend this fort, as well as Lady Sakura's honor!”
—Enemy Subaki's pre-battle quote.
- Subaki: Lord/Lady Avatar, I presume? The sweet, wonderful, mysterious-yet-charming big brother/sister of Lady Sakura? It's an honor to finally make your acquaintance.
- Avatar: Erm... Come again?
- Subaki: Oh, Lady Sakura said those things about you after you two met. She wouldn't stop saying those things, as it were. Even after you left. As her retainer, I make it my business to remember such details.
- Avatar: Sakura... She really said all that?
- Subaki: Yes. She seems to have nothing but the highest opinion of you. She was devastated after you betrayed her.
- Avatar: ...
- Subaki: Worry not. All will be as it should once I send you to your grave. I cannot bear to ever see that sad look in her eyes again. The one YOU caused. So, shall we begin?
“I actually lost....? How clumsy...”
—Enemy Subaki's death quote.
My Castle Edit
Castle Grounds Edit
- "Oh, this is going to be easy. I'm feeling better than ever!" (surge)
- "I've been working on some new tricks." (weapon exp)
- "What's this? I'll have to find its owner." (item)
- "I can make anything look good! Go ahead. Try me." (accessory gift)
- "Oh, how generous! Thank you, Avatar." (accessory gift received)
- "Whoa, this is perfect. You know me so well, Avatar." (accessory gift received, second)
- "Aww, you remembered my birthday. This is great!" (friendship birthday gift)
- "This...isn't perfect." (accessory gift give: bath towel)
- "Like the outfit I'm already wearing, for example." (accessory gift not given)
- "I'm going to really put on a show in the next battle. Watch for it!" (idle)
- "Well, I've got absolutely nothing to do at the moment. How boring." (idle)
- "Thank you for everything you do to make this a comfortable place to live." (idle)
- "Oh, hello, Lord/Lady Avatar. I'm just making the rounds. You?" (idle)
- "I just knew today would be perfect. Now I've run into you, my lovely Avatar." (idle, married to Avatar)
- "Thank you for being perfect, Avatar." (idle, married to Avatar)
- "Nice to meet you! Please, take the time to rest before moving along." (visiting another castle)
Asking - Normal Edit
- "I plan on dominating the next battle. Join me if you want to win." (team up)
- "I would be honored if you would join me in battle sometime." (team up)
- "So, what do you like to do to relax?" (free time)
Replying - Normal Edit
- "Certainly. I can adapt to any style with ease." (team up)
- "Oh, a little of this, a little of that. Studying, training, cooking, reading..." (free time)
- "I enjoy the same things as anyone else. Studying, cooking, training...the usual." (free time)
Asking - Married Edit
- "You're not going to die on me, are you?" (promise)
Replying - Married Edit
Asking - Child Edit
- "Tell me, how are you doing? Can I help you with anything these days?" (gift)
Replying - Child Edit
Private Quarters Edit
- "Are you bored, milady/milord? Shall I perform for you? Reciting poetry is one of my gifts..." (Invite)
- "Ah, Lady/Lord Avatar. I am always delighted to keep you company." (Invite)
- "I would be delighted to fold origami with you." (Invite)
- "Ah—the newlyweds! Please, allow me to serenade you with my honeyed tunes..." (Invite - Married)
“You've sure got some interesting stuff in here. I'd love to spend more time looking around.”
—Subaki's Friendship Bonding quote “Well this has been a pleasant distraction. Let's do it again sometime!”
—Subaki's Friendship Bonding quote “I feel like the pressure's off when I'm with you. I don't have to be perfect.”
—Subaki's Friendship Bonding quote “You'll never be lonely as long as I'm around. Just call me and I'll come running.”
—Subaki's Friendship Rank-Up quote
- "Ah, welcome home, dear. Kick off those shoes and relax. You're with me now!" (Entrance)
- "I think we should spend more time together. What do you say, Avatar?" (Entrance)
- "Welcome back. I wish you had gotten here sooner—I was starting to worry about you!" (Entrance)
“I hope you'll forgive me if I'm ever less than perfect. However unlikely that is.”
—Subaki's Lover Bonding quote “Close your eyes for a second... I've got a surprise for you. What do you think?”
—Subaki's Kiss quote
“Need weapons? I'm perfectly suited to help you find what you need.”
—When entering his shop “I suppose it wouldn't hurt to buy something now...”
—Purchasing something for Subaki while he's shopkeeper. “Not easy to set a price on my own belongings.”
—Selling Subaki's equipment while he's shopkeeper. “Let me know if you need anything else, OK?”
—Before leaving his shop
“Just remember--money is no object!”
—When buying something for him “All of my things are in excellent condition.”
—When selling his items
“I'll forge you weapons that are perfectly fierce-and twice as fine!”
—When entering the smithy “Smithing takes a weapon closer to perfection.”
—When forging his weapons “I'd be glad to make one of my weapons better!”
—When forging his weapons while Subaki is on duty
Lottery Shop Edit
“Welcome! Feel like leaving your fate to the gods today?”
—When entering the shop “Too bad. Then again, any prize is better than none!”
—Winning the wooden ball “I am honored to present you with this prize. This must be thrilling for you.”
—-When winning the silver ball “Well played! It doesn't get any better than that.”
—-When winning the golden ball
“I welcome all challengers.”
—Main combatant “You've made the right decision. Let's go!”
—Assisting another unit “Victory without flaw. That was a piece of cake. ”
—Victory “This can't be right. What happened?”
Accessory Shop Edit
“We've got lots of accessories here--some perfectly on trend!”
—When entering his shop “Let me know if you need anything else, OK?”
—Before leaving his shop
Mess Hall Edit
“It's my honor to cook for you today. Tell me, what culinary delights do you desire?”
—When entering the mess hall “I'll get started right away.”
—Before cooking “This is a traditional dish I have prepared with pride. Please, enjoy.”
—After cooking (good) “I don't think I can make anything this good. How did you do it?”
—Eating good food “That was OK, but I don't want to take the leftovers home or anything...”
—Eating decent food “I try to eat healthy, and this doesn't qualify. Please send it back.”
—After eating bad food
“No matter the task, I will carry it out with grace and poise. Even this.”
—Entering the prison “Very well. If there are prospective allies here, I'll find them.”
—Before persuading a prisoner
Hot Springs Edit
“What?! Lady Avatar?! D-did I come at the wrong time?!”
—When entering as a female Avatar “Heh, I wasn't expecting you to join me, but I'd welcome your company.”
—When entering as a female Avatar (married) “I-I suppose so...I just wonder if it's right to be so happy...”
—Replying to the Avatar (married)
Einherjar Shop Edit
“Some of these Einherjar are pretty mysterious. Not sure I trust 'em.”
—When entering the shop
Gathering Spots Edit
“Soybeans are perfect—so adaptable for nearly every dish!”
—When spoken to at a bean field “We harvested a lot of rice today. Here, take some. I’ve got plenty.”
—Spoken to at a rice paddy “Can I interest you in some fresh fish? Caught today by yours truly.”
—Spoken to at a fishing hole “I love fruit when it’s perfectly juicy. And yet—slightly sour!”
—Spoken to at a peach/berry tile “I grew these perfectly shaped, dazzlingly delicious vegetables myself. Enjoy.”
—Spoken to at a daikon/cabbage tile “I don’t mean to brag, but I am quite a capable hunter.”
—Spoken to at a hunting forest “Care for some fresh milk? I just thought you might for some reason.”
—Spoken to at a dairy “Flour is very useful. I'm quite skilled at operating a mill, if I do say so myself.”
—Spoken to at a wheat field “I grabbed some ore from the spring! Here, take some, Lord/Lady Avatar.”
—When spoken to at a Hoshidan spring “The ore was polished perfectly by the spring. You should use it in decorations!”
—When spoken to at a Hoshidan spring “*sigh* I barely found any ore today. Maybe mining is just too tough for me...”
—Spoken to at a Nohrian mine “Hey, we've got plenty of food here. Why don't you take a little for the road?”
—When spoken to at a food gathering spot (visiting another castle) “Our local ore is magnificent, isn't it? Could you make good use of it?”
—When spoken to at the mine (visiting another castle)
Avatar's Birthday Edit
- "Hey, happy birthday, Avatar! I think this will be a really good year for you." (Unmarried)
- "Happy birthday, Avatar! You're looking radiant, today." (Married)
- "Happy birthday!"
- "I'm really coming along, aren't I?" (6+ stats up)
- " Ah, the glory of physical fitness." (4-5 stats up)
- "This will do just fine for now." (2-3 stats up)
- "Perhaps I should practice more" (0-1 stat up)
- "Maybe I'm already perfect?" (0-1 stat up, most stats capped)
Class Change Edit
- "It's what I've always wanted."
“Darling, you're the very picture of perfection. And we're so perfect together...”
—Subaki's confession quote
A Hoshidan noble and a retainer to Sakura. Handsome, intelligent--aims for perfection.
Sakura's retainer and a Hoshidan sky knight from a long line of talented knights trained to be perfect. Easygoing, handsome, and skilled. Has impeccably clean hands. Born on 2/7.
DLC Pre-Battle Quotes Edit
Beach Brawl Pre-BattleEdit
“Let's get started. I need to win that ticket for Lady Sakura. Besides, I've already planned the perfect getaway for her. So you can understand why my team needs to win, right?”
—Subaki's pre-battle quote “I guess that island has stoked your fire more than mine...”
“It will take more than this to test my perfect courage. Although... If it's not tested, does that mean it can't pass? That won't do at all!”
—Subaki's pre-battle quote
Museum Melee Pre-Battle Edit
“Ah, that weapon of yours looks lovely. Well? Come at me, then! Hm? Too intimidated by my perfect form? Heh, I don't blame you.”
—Subaki's pre-battle quote
Ghostly Gold Pre-Battle Edit
“Staying awake was no trouble. As you know, someone like me never tires! ...Zzz...zzz... OH! What's happening?! Pardon me, I was just resting my eyes.”
—Subaki's pre-battle quote
Anna on the Run Pre-Battle Edit
“I haven't seen snow since the winters at Castle Shirasagi. The bright red camellias were beautiful against the snow... I wonder if I would be as striking if I were to fall here in battle. Not that one so perfect as I stands any chance of that.”
—Subaki's pre-battle quote.
Battle Quotes Edit
Dual Support Edit
- "Let's do this!"
- "A hero's work is never done."
- "I'll help you!"
- "Trust me."
- "Let's get started!"
- "Shall we?"
- "Take your time."
- "Allow me!"
- "I'm always ready."
Attack Stance Edit
- "One more!"
- "Don't mind if I do."
- "Perfect timing!"
- "No, like this!"
- "Let me help!"
Guard Stance Edit
- "Lucky I'm around!"
- "Try again!"
- "That was close!"
- "So sorry."
- "Shall we end this?"
- "It's all me!"
- "Watch and learn!"
Defeated Enemy Edit
- "Whoa, not bad."
- "Of course."
- "Yes, Perfect!"
- "I win this one."
Partner Defeated Enemy/When Healed Edit
- "Almost perfect."
- "Whoa, not bad."
Defeated by Enemy Edit
"Guess I wasn't perfect...after all.."
Death/Retreat Quote Edit
“This is my worst nightmare. Complete and utter defeat... I cannot go out like this. I must retreat and try again another day...”
—Subaki's death quote (classic mode) “Well, this is just... What's the opposite of perfect?”
—Subaki's retreat quote (casual mode)