“...Everyone... They were all killed by Bern... I couldn’t even track down the traitor in our ranks, and...our clansmen were all killed, right in front of my eyes... I was helpless, Sin. I don’t want to experience that feeling again. I don’t want to lose you!”
—Sue, in a support conversation with Sin.
Sue is a playable character from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. She is a nomad from the Kutolah clan, the daughter of Rath, and the granddaughter of Dayan. Her mother may be either Lyndis or an unmentioned woman.
Sue makes a brief cameo appearance in chapter 17 of the Hasha no Tsurugi manga.
When Bern invaded Sacae, she was ordered by Dayan to escape with the women and children. However, she was eventually separated from her group, who were ambushed and massacred. Later, she found refuge in Thria, but after Marquess Orun was assassinated, she was taken as a prisoner by Wagner.
In Chapter 6, she is rescued by Roy, who enlists her in his army. She can recruit her fellow nomad, Sin, later in the game. Sue is one of Roy's potential love interests, and if she achieves an A Support with him, she will marry him in the ending. Otherwise, she will return to her home after the war ends.
It is mentioned in her support conversation with Roy that Sue does not talk to other people often. This is because she prefers to speak to things such as the trees, sky, water, and other aspects of nature. In her attempt to cheer up Roy and lessen his stress, she advises him to listen to nature, as she says that it speaks to others. Like most characters from Sacae, Sue mentions Mother Earth and Father Sky and seems to worship them.
Bow - D
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
|Orion's Bolt||Nomadic Trooper|
- See also: Sue/Supports
In contrast to the rest of the cast, Sue has very high Speed, Luck and Skill growth rates. She joins underleveled with pretty low base stats, but the fact that she's mounted will allow her to develop her main stats at a decently quick rate despite being bow-locked. Having a mount makes her a strong competitor versus the unmounted bow users (Archers and Snipers) since she can reach the enemies more easily, and she also sports rescue-dropping utility. On the other hand, her mediocre Strength growth and low base might give her a few problems for KOing enemies, but since her main use is chip damage with Bows this is not too much of a concern. She is lacking in support options in terms of availability of her partners (Dayan), support growth rate (Roy, Wolt) or both (Fae). Her support with Sin builds decently fast but she only gets partial Attack bonuses from it, which means that she cannot solve her Strength problems easily. Despite its popularity, her support with Roy grows very slowly so it’s not really recommmended unless the player is very patient with it.
Her Avoid is good, and she will have much higher Luck than Sin, the other playable nomad. However, Sin is better in key areas with better durability and Strength throughout the game, and he also gets Hard Mode bonuses. Sue's low Defense can be problematic if her dodge fails her, as she cannot withstand too many hits.
In the end, Sue is a good Nomad, but Sin's bases and growths are distributed better, giving him more consistency. This difference is particularly apparent on Hard Mode.
- Sue - Doe of the Plains (草原の牝鹿 Sōgen no Mesu Shika lit. Doe of the Grasslands)
- "Sue returned to Sacae and resumed life as a nomad. Despite playing a major role in the war, she refused to claim credit. Seeing how she chose to live her life in the vast plains which she loved so dearly, some people say that she reminded them of the "Divine Warrior" Hanon."
- Sue and Roy
- "Sue accompanied Roy to Lycia, where she married him and became the mistress of Pherae. However, she never could cast away her love for nature, and her behavior sometimes troubled those around her who were not familiar with Sacaean culture."
“Sound of the wind... Smell of the grass...”
—Sue's Death Quote in The Binding Blade.
Sue is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
- On the official Japanese website for Nintendo, Sue won 19th place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. The male-female vote ratio is 1:1. The voter comments seem to generally focus on her being a person with a strong sense of kindness and connection towards nature.
- Her hair in her in-game artwork is a brighter shade of green, but her hair in her official artwork, outside of the game, it is a much darker shade of green.
- In the 2017 Fire Emblem Heroes Choose Your Legends poll, Sue ranked 335th with a total of 562 votes.