Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga (ティアリングサーガシリーズ ベルウィックサーガ), full title TearRing Saga Series: Berwick Saga: Lazberia Chronicle Chapter 174, is a game for the PlayStation 2 console. While it is officially the sequel to the original TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga, the games are not related by plot and the Berwick Saga battle and skill systems borrow significantly less from Fire Emblem than the Utna Heroes Saga battle and skill system did, because of this, the two games barely resemble each other in terms of gameplay.
Notable Differences from Fire EmblemEdit
- The game's maps use a hexagon grid as opposed to the square grids used in Fire Emblem and TearRing Saga.
- Dark Magic mostly consists of inflicting status ailment such as Berserk and Sleep.
- The Dark Magic user, Olwen, switches in battle between a High Priest and a Dark Priest to cast healing and dark spells.
- Horses and Wyverns count as equipment. They have their own HP, and can be healed with a special skill.
- Shields are equipment with three shield categories organized by size. Shields can be broken in combat.
- Swords are split into Swords, Knives, Blades, and Maces. Knives, blades, and Maces can only be wielded those who possess skill allowing them to do so. Knives have high critical, and ranged variants. Blades are very strong, and deal good damage. Maces are very rare, only used by one playable character and deal elemental damage.
- Lances have been split up into Spears, Lances, and Pitchforks. Spears are the most common type and can be used by most characters. Lances are rarer, only being used by those who have the Lance skill like Lance Knights, can only be used when mounted, cannot counter, and have damage based on the unit initiating a charge. Pitchforks are used by only one playable character and deal secondary status effects.
- Bows are all 2-3 range, and use require arrows as ammo which add might to their attacks. Crossbows, and Ballistas reappear.
- See main article: List of characters in TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga.
- See main article: List of classes in TearRing Saga: Berwick Saga.