“I always had lots of friends, and the clerics were very kind. That’s what inspired me to become a cleric myself. I want to help people the way they helped me.”
Tatiana (ティータ Tīta, Teeta in the Japanese version) is a playable character from Fire Emblem Gaiden. Raised an orphan in a Rigelian village, she is a Rigelian saint in the service of Duma's church, though she also references Mila in her praise. In Echoes, Tatiana is 28 years old.
One year before the game begins, Tatiana finds a man washed up on Rigel's shores with a terrible wound and no memories of his past. She takes him back to Rigel and nurses him back to health, and during this time, they fall in love. The man befriends Emperor Rudolf, who names him Zeke, and rises up through the ranks in the Rigelian Army, with Tatiana at his side. However, when the war with Zofia starts, Zeke is opposed to it, and in order to secure his loyalty, Nuibaba kidnaps Tatiana. She is eventually rescued by Alm, and when Zeke sees that Tatiana is safe, he turns against the corrupt Jerome and joins Alm's army as well. After the war, she lives happily with Zeke and prays that his memories never return, unaware that they already have and Zeke has chosen not to tell her for her own sake.
Tatiana is a good-natured, amiable, and selfless person, as shown by her caring for an absolute stranger near death and constant volunteering for duties at her monastery. However, she is also very clumsy and careless, in addition to being a terrible cook. She fears the possibility of Zeke regaining his memories, believing it might cause him to leave her; in Echoes, she tells this to Alm and adds that she feels horrible and selfish for feeling that way.
In Echoes, Tatiana also explains her backstory in her first base talk with Alm. She tells him that she was orphaned as a little girl and raised in an orphanage run by the Church of Rigel, where she had many friends and was well cared for. Her reason to be a member of the clergy is to repay the Church for the love and care she received.
In Chapter 4, talk to her at Nuibaba's Mansion.
Tatiana is a useful Pre-Promoted unit that Alm can recruit near the end of his route. She has pretty average stats other than her Luck and Defense which are terrible, and her Resistance which is, by a wide margin, the highest in the game. While her Defense growth is great, you get her so late in the game and her Defense starts so low that it's not likely to do much good for her frailty.
Tatiana's usefulness stems from her spells, and not her stats. As soon as you recruit her, she already has the Physic spell, which Silque lacks, and can thus act as a long range healer. She is the only character in the game able to learn Fortify, which makes her the best healing unit in the game. Her Invoke spell summons Pegasus Knights, and if you level her up enough to obtain the Warp spell, she has the best overall spell list of all the Cleric characters.
Tatiana is worth deploying even if you decide not to level her. If you do level her, she'll become an even more potent healer with Fortify. You get her very late in the game and she's statistically unimpressive, but she can act as a much needed long range healer for Alm's group.
Base Stats Edit
Personal Max StatsEdit
Growth Rates Edit
- See also: Tatiana/Supports
“Ah, Lord Zeke...”
—Tatiana's death quote in Gaiden
Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Edit
Recruitment Conversations Edit
—Tatiana's recruitment conversation
Level Up Edit
- "Is that all?" (One stat increases)
- "The Mother is with me."
- "I have a better grasp of how to fight!"
- "I look a bit tougher, wouldn't you say?"
- "We must be satisfied with the gifts we have" (Most stats capped)
Class Change Edit
- "I swear to use these powers wisely, Mother."
Battle Quotes Edit
First Turn Selection Edit
- "I'll do my best!"
Enemy Dodges Edit
Enemy does One or No Damage Edit
- "Don't count me out!"
- "Oho, is this my chance?"
Being Healed Edit
Used Healing Item Edit
- "Well it's filling, at least." (neutral)
- "Very tasty!" (liked)
- "Yay! I really like these." (loved)
Critical Hit Edit
- "I will prevail!"
- "Get away from me!"
- "Um...Um...Oh Yeah!"
- "Here goes nothing!"
Finishing Blow Edit
- "Just fall!"
Enemy Defeated Edit
- "I did it!"
- "That was for Zeke."
- "Uhh, was that alright?"
- "I need to get stronger!"
Nearby Ally Defeated Enemy Edit
- "Wow. Didn't see that coming."
- "Admirably done!"
- "Aren't you a tough fighter!?"
Nearby Ally Below Half Health Edit
Summary Screen Edit
- "We secured this victory together!"
- "I tried to keep everyone safe, but...!" (one ally dies)
“Zeke... My sweet Ezekiel... Thank you for...coming into my life...”
—Tatiana's death quote in Shadows of Valentia
“Zeke! No! Zeeeke!”
—If Zeke dies near Tatiana in Shadows of Valentia
“I...can't keep this up anymore...Do you mind if I find somewhere safe to heal? I'm so terribly sorry...”
—Tatiana's retreat quote on Casual Mode
- (If Zeke is alive)
- "She lives on happily with Zeke, all the while praying that his memories shall never return."
- (If Zeke is dead)
- "When Zeke died, she lost her most beloved person. In overwhelming grief, she cut off her hair."
Echoes: Shadows of ValentiaEdit
- (If Zeke is alive)
- "Tatiana prayed that Zeke's memory would remain hazy, and the two eventually did live something of a happy life. Though they were parted at times, Zeke always returned to Tatiana's side in the end."
- (If Zeke is dead)
- "Her true love lost, Tatiana holed up in her priory and devoted herself to prayer. One old friend could not bear to see her alone in such a way, and he made it a point to woo her. Eventually, his efforts overcame her grief, and they were wed."
Tatiana is a feminine name of Latin origin that derives from the Sabine-Latin name Tatius. This was the name of a 3rd-century saint, also called Taciana, who was supposedly martyred in Rome by Ulpian during the early reign of emperor Alexander Severus, though this claim is rather shady since Severus was tolerant of Judaism and Christianity. Her veneration and feast (Tatiana Day) are very widely spread through Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, where she's considered a patron of students.
- Perhaps not coincidentally, Tatiana's portrait in Gaiden appears to be a heavily edited version of Nyna's portrait in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. However in Echoes, Tatiana is given a more distinct appearance.
- Tatiana shares her English voice actress, Cristina Vee (also known as Cristina Valenzuela), with Lachesis (from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) and Athena (from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem) in their respective appearances in Fire Emblem Heroes.
- Tatiana's growth rates for HP and defense are lower in Echoes than they were in Gaiden.
- Tatiana's fate is left unknown if the player defeated Zeke in battle. As the cell that held Tatiana is empty, it is likely that Nuibaba sacrificed Tatiana upon learning of Zeke's death.