|The Ageless Palace|
“The holy kingdom of Akaneia had come into being six centuries earlier, when the region's numerous city-states were unified under one monarch. The first king, Adrah, had fought valiantly to accomplish this, wielding the three weapons he came to call his regalia- gifts from the gods, some said. The kingdom Adrah forged was pronounced holy; its kings were esteemed. With Akaneia's aid, six more independent kingdoms sprang up in their own time. But Akaneia was always the greatest- and now, Marth was about to take his first walk through its historic palace's halls.”
The Ageless Palace is Chapter 12 of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
You will find that there are 2 bosses in this level.
If Midia, Macellan, Tomas, Dolph and Boah survive, they will join you.
This chapter isn't difficult, but medium; there are thieves here, so don't let them get to the chests. Reinforcements in this place can give good EXP to your units.
- There is a Manakete in the castle. He will not move until you approach, and has an obtainable Vulnerary.
The first boss (Volzhin) has 2 healers of him side, you should kill them and make a triple attack to kill the boss without problems.
The second boss (Heimler) won't stay calm, in the second turn, he will open the door and begin to attack you, so be careful. While you don't need to kill him, he does have a valuable Master Seal.
Two Cavaliers and one Horseman will appear from the east during Turns 2, 4, 6 and 8 of the Enemy Phase. You can prevent these reinforcements from appearing by defeating the boss.
- Midia - A paladin who has fallen in love with Astram. She is an average paladin, usage varies with player opinion.
- Tomas - An archer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Gordin. If you are already using a ranged unit that is high level, Tomas is not recommended to replace them. Usage varies with player opinion.
- Boah - A bishop with low stats. Just like Wendell, he can not take the place of Lena or Maria once they've become bishops but if they're dead, Boah can do something. Usage varies with player opinion.
- Macellan - A knight that appears to be a mirror image of Dolph. Usage varies with player opinion.
- Dolph - An excellent knight that appears to be a mirror image of Macellan. Can easily surpass Draug. He can also be a good hunter, if reclassed.
- If you want to advance to Chapter 12x: A Traitor's Worth, you must have 15 or less characters alive by the end of this chapter.
- You find a Master Seal, Bullion, Arms Scroll, Silver Sword, Dragonpike, and Boots, and you will get the Parthia upon chapter completion. You will also find a few other items; Heal, Warp, Vulnerary, Elfire, and Thunder.
- Volzhin drops a Bolganone.
- Heimler drops a Master Seal.
- TIP: Being a Paladin, Heimler is hard to defeat, bring 2~3 strong units to defeat him.
- The army in this chapter is labeled as Grust even though the boss of this chapter, Volzhin, is from Doluna. FE3 Book 1 had the army in this chapter labelled as Doluna, which means that this level's army might be incorrectly labeled.
|The Ageless Palace||Next chapter:|
A Traitor's Worth or The Wooden Cavalry