|The Great Bridge|
The information gathered at Palmeni Temple leads Ike ever closer to the hidden truths behind the war. The assassination of Begnion's former apostle led to the massacre of Serenes. A Serenes princess was kidnapped. The medallion is stolen. A complex skein seemed to connect these events, and now those threads have become clearer and cleaner. Ashnard's motives are still a mystery, but his silhouette lurks in the shadows of all that happens. Ike returns from the temple and renounces all rights to the rule of Daein. Those rights are then passed through General Zelgius of Begnion to the apostle herself. The Crimean army absorbs another troop from Begnion, and with its might increased, marches on the Daein/Crimean border. Its next goal is the Riven Bridge, a massive structure that connects the two countries.
The Great Bridge is Chapter 23 of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.
- This is the only Path of Radiance chapter that has Pits on the map.
- 2 Myrmidon and a Swordmaster appear at the top right after you get to about the first sandbags.
- 2 Sword Knights and a Paladin appear at the top right after you get to about the second set of sandbags.
- Haar and 3 Wyvern Riders appear at the bottom right at the end of turn 5.
- 1 Wyvern Lord and 2 Wyvern Riders appear at the left after you get to about the last ballistas.
- Lucia and some Paladins will appear at the bottom left (below the map) once you get near the second ballista.
|Shinon||*||Shinon recruited and is alive||-|
- Clear in 12 turns: 600 (easy), 400 (normal/hard), 200 (Maniac)
- Clear bonus: 300 (easy), 200 (normal/hard)
Be sure to leave a couple of units behind to fend off the forces from behind, Jill in particular, so she can speak to Haar. If she has not been trained, be sure she can get out of enemy range ASAP after talking to Haar. It is ideal to not bring weaker units like Reyson into this fight, as they will be shot down by ballistas. While you can gain control of the ballistas, they are not that useful, since the enemies in range are probably already dead. Be sure to have you strongest units in the fray, but do not forget that that there are traps in the bridge that can stun units that fall into them for one turn. Be sure you have Marcia or Tanith armed with the Full Guard so which either one taken can kill the enemies ahead before your other troops are hammered down by the pitfall traps.
Once you reach Petrine, it is ideal to have a Sage take her down, since her weapon uses magic for attacks. Also, be sure some axe or bow users immediately head to the left to help the neutral Crimean Army take out the Wyverns. Follow these tips, and you should be fine.
|The Great Bridge||Next chapter:|