Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chapter 18: The Sable OrderEdit
"For Gotoh to create the magic that could defeat Gharnef, he needed two orbs: the Lightsphere and the Starsphere. Marth and company set off to Chiasmir and the Fane of Raman to find them, but in their path stood a cohort of Grustian knights known as the Sable Order. The bridges across the strait would soon be choked with the brave and the dead..."
(Beginning of Chapter)
- Malledus: "Prince Marth, I see them: a cohort of Grustian knights, out on the far side of the bridge. That must be the Sable Order..."
(Nyna enters conversation)
- Nyna: "Marth, I heard the enemy forces have been spotted."
- Marth: "Yes, that's right. The Sable Order, it seems."
- Nyna: "Really? Tell me, who leads them?"
- Marth: "Why does it matter?"
- Nyna: "Oh...no, it's just- they say the Sable Order is led by a brilliant general. I was...wondering if he was riding with them today."
- Marth: "You must mean General Camus. I am told Doluna is not very happy with him at the moment, brilliant or not. Something about acting outside orders... They'll be keeping him on a short leash; I don't expect we'll see him here."
- Nyna: "That...that is good news..."
- Young Man: "You know how the Fane of Raman is supposed to be protected by a fearsome guardian? Well, I heard the "fearsome guardian" is nowt but a wee lass. If that’s true, you have to wonder why she’d stay all by herself in a dreary place like that. Mayhap she broke her ma’s favorite vase and got stuck there as a punishment? Ha ha, right."
- Est: "Ah, you're Prince Marth! I am Est, of the Medonian Whitewings- Palla and Catria's younger sister. I've been looking for you. Initially I intended to join up with you along with my sisters, but then I heard Grust had made off with one of Akaneia's three regalia- the sword Mercurius- so I flew there to get it back. This is Mercurius right here. It's lovely, isn't it? And powerful! In the right hands, I think you'll find it a formidable weapon indeed."
(Battle with Sternlin)
- Sternlin: "You shall not pass! Not today! Not ever!"
- Sternlin: "Nngh! You...shall...not...unnh..."
- Nyna: "We've made it across the strait."
- Marth: "Yes. But the real battle may yet be ahead of us."
- Marth: "Malledus... Can we be certain the Lightsphere and the Starsphere are in the Fane of Raman?"
- Malledus: "Yes, sire; but unfortunately, they may not be all we find. The fane is said to be guarded by a goddess, one with fearsome powers. Those who defile her sanctuary are punished by fire; none are spared from the blaze."
- Nyna: "Perhaps we should reconsider, Marth..."
- Marth: "Perhaps...But if none are spared from the blaze, where do the rumors come from? Besides, we need those two orbs."
- Malledus: "Well, might I suggest you take in just a few able companions, and let the sleeping dragons lie?"
- Marth: "Sage advice. I've no desire to tear apart a holy place, whether the goddess is home or not...I'll choose a handful of elite to search for the orbs with me."