Chapter 11: To the SeaEdit
- Avatar: Well, this should be interesting. I've never sailed before. And we made it just in time to catch the last boat leaving the harbor. How lucky!
- Sakura: I know. It's been such a long march—I'm really looking forward to r-resting a bit.
- Azura: I wouldn't get too comfortable. Remember, we are on our way to Nohr. Some of the passengers on this ship could be our enemies.
- Takumi: Yes, and there could be a spy among us.
- Azura: What are you talking about, Takumi?
- Takumi: You know exactly what I'm talking about. That whiny little mage from Nohr! Whose idea was it to let him tag along?
- Zola: Gah! I'm no threat, guys! I promise! Haven't I been helpful so far?
- Hinoka: Don't worry, Takumi. I've been keeping a very close eye on him.
- Takumi: I don't know. Didn't he set everyone up back in Izumo? I wouldn't be surprised if he were plotting something.
- Zola: But...but...
- Hinoka: OK, I'll get my knife ready...
- Zola: Eeeek!
- Avatar: Calm down, everyone. I trust Zola, and I believe you should as well. He stood with us through one battle without stabbing anyone in the back. Besides, how could he even realy information to Nohr? It's a preposterous notion.
- Takumi: Sorry. I can't just take your word for it. I don't trust him.
- Avatar: That's fine. A little healthy skepticism won't hurt. Just try to be civil, OK?
- Takumi: I'll do my best.
- Zola: Lord Takumi...
- Takumi: What's wrong with you? Did I say that you could speak my name?
- Zola: Gah! No, sir. I'm sorry, sir.
(Scene transitions to the deck of the ship. Sakura is meeting up with the Avatar)
- Sakura: Well, petty disagreements aside, we've had smooth sailing so far, don't you agree? The captain even says we could reach Nohr tomorrow with favorable winds.
- Avatar: That's great news. Although, to be honest, I wouldn't mind a longer trip. It's so relaxing out here.
- Sakura: N-not for me. I've been feeling a little seasick, to be honest. But it looks like you've really taken to the sea. You've been out here for hours!
- Avatar: Perhaps when all of this is over, I'll buy my own boat... Although...it does appear that the weather is turning on us.
- Sakura: Oh! You're right. Those clouds don't look good. And look at the w-waves!
- Avatar: Right. Let's head inside before we get soaked!
(The ship is shaken by an impact)
- Avatar: Whoa. It's really roughs out there.
- Sakura: Ahhhh! We've stopped moving! How is that even possible? Are you OK, Avatar?
- Avatar: Yeah, I'm fine. But we really need to get out of here! Maybe there's a problem with the boat. Let's go speak with the captain.
(Strong winds begin to blow over the Avatar and Sakura)
- Avatar: I've never seen a storm come on this quickly. Is this normal at sea?
- Sakura: I don't think so. I'm s-scared, Avatar. My goodness! Look at the sea! Those waves are massive! This boat is too big to capsize, right? Right?
- Avatar: Stand back! There's something in the water!
(A whirlpool forms in the middle of the ocean. A transparent figure covered in a glowing aura emerges from there, and lands in front of the Avatar)
- Sakura: Eeeek!
- Avatar: What is it?
- ???: Shh...
- Avatar: Who goes there? Are...are you the spirit who appeared when my mother was killed?
- ???: Shh...
- Azura: Avatar! What's going on?
- Avatar: Stay back, Azura!
(The "spirit" tries to attack Azura, but Kaze intercepts him)
- Kaze: Milady! Are you OK?
- Azura: Yes, I'm fine. Thank you, Kaze!
- Kaze: Lord/Lady Avatar! What is that thing?
- Avatar: Your guess is as good as mine. A storm came out of nowhere, and then this spirit appeared on deck.
- Azura: Maybe it came out of the water...
- Kaze: Well, it looks like we have a fight on our hands. Whatever this spirit is, it seems capable of sinking our ship!
- Avatar: We've come too far for that. Everyone, on guard!
(Before Turn 1 ends. Reina appears)
- Reina: Ah, at last. I can see Lord/Lady Avatar from here. Oh my. Look at them struggling with those spirits. Well, I should be able to help them with that! May my bow strike true and deliver exquisite pain and death upon my enemies!
(The Avatar interacts with Reina)
- Reina: Hello, Lord/Lady Avatar. I'm glad you're safe and sound.
- Avatar: I'm sorry, but who are you? And do you realize that we're in the middle of a battle?
- Reina: Oh, yes, of course. But this type of battle is like a playground to me. I'm Reina, a kinshi knight from Hoshido. Yukimura sent me here to provide you with my special brand of assistance. Specifically, skewering enemies by the dozen. Oh, I wish you could have seen some of the work I did on the way here. The depth of agony was palpable. And the palette of violent reds...so vivid. Mmm...
- Avatar: Uh... What?
- Reina: I'm talking about the enemies I killed on the way here.
- Avatar: Ah. I see. And you're not going to kill any of us, right? Just our enemies?
- Reina: Of course! I'm sorry if you misunderstood. Please, just point me in the direction of anything you would like to die.
- Avatar: Right. Well, anyone glowing purple would be a good start...
(The Avatar, Sakura, Takumi and Zola are talking on the deck)
- Avatar: That's the last of them.
- Takumi: Ha! Those stupid things didn't know who they were messing with.
- Avatar: Well, I'm glad to see that you're feeling like yourself again. Takumi.
- Takumi: Me too. After all, I have a long way to go to redeem myself...
- Avatar: Takumi, that's simply not true.
(The spirit appears behind Takumi)
- ???: Shh...
- Avatar: Look out!
- Takumi: Hmm?
- Zola: Lord Takumi! Move!
(The spirit tries to attack Takumi but Zola pushes him aside, taking the hit in his stead)
- Takumi: He saved me!
- Zola: Ugh...now's your chance. Take him out!
- Takumi: With pleasure. Haaaa!
(His arrow connects, but does no apparent damage to the spirit. It then vanishes in a purple flash)
- ???: Ugh...
- Takumi: That did it.
- Zola: Well done...Lord...Takumi... Oh...I forgot. I'm not supposed to say your name... *cough* *cough*
- Takumi: Oh. About that...
- Sakura: Zola! Are you OK? Took quite a shot there. Here, I can help heal your wounds.
- Zola: Thank you, milady...
- Takumi: Hmm.
- Avatar: That was extremely courageous, Zola. Are you all right?
- Zola: It was nothing. I'm just glad that Lady Sakura was able to heal me.
- Avatar: I beg to differ. It was not nothing. It was a remarkably selfless act.
- Takumi: Zola...I have something to say to you.
- Zola: Yes, Lord Tak—I mean yes, milord?
- Takumi: Please. You've more than earned the right to speak my name. I'm sorry for doubting you.
- Zola: Really? You mean that?
- Takumi: Yes. Talk is cheap, and I still think I was smart not to trust you at first. But you may have just saved my life. It was a heroic act.
- Zola: Thank you, Lord Takumi! I'm just following Lord/Lady Avatar's lead. If it weren't for him/her, I may have died at the hands of Lord Leo in Izumo. Now maybe you'll have the chance to perform a similar gesture.
- Takumi: Wait, Avatar jumped in front of an attack meant for you? Right after you tried to kill her?
- Avatar: Ha! No, Takumi. It wasn't exactly like that. I merely asked Leo to spare Zola's life. He was helpless and defeated.
- Zola: Yes. And that kindness was enough to sway Lord Leo. He merely exiled me instead of taking my life.
- Takumi: I see. Well, I just hope we can put all of this behind us.
- Zola: Of course, milord!
- Avatar: Yes. It's time to focus on what's next. Who knows what's waiting for us in Nohr...