Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chapter 11: To the SeaEdit
- Avatar: Well, this should be interesting. I've never sailed before. And we made it just in time to catch the last boat leaving the harbor. How lucky!
- Sakura: I know. It's been such a long march—I'm really looking forward to r-resting a bit.
- Azura: I wouldn't get too comfortable. Remember, we are on our way to Nohr. Some of the passengers on this ship could be our enemies.
- Takumi: Yes, and there could be a spy among us.
- Azura: What are you talking about, Takumi?
- Takumi: You know exactly what I'm talking about. That whiny little mage from Nohr! Whose idea was it to let him tag along?
- Zola: Gah! I'm no threat, guys! I promise! Haven't I been helpful so far?
- Hinoka: Don't worry, Takumi. I've been keeping a very close eye on him.
- Takumi: I don't know. Didn't he set everyone up back in Izumo? I wouldn't be surprised if he were plotting something.
- Zola: But...but...
- Hinoka: OK, I'll get my knife ready...
- Zola: Eeeek!
- Avatar: Calm down, everyone. I trust Zola, and I believe you should as well. He stood with us through one battle without stabbing anyone in the back. Besides, how could he even realy information to Nohr? It's a preposterous notion.
- Takumi: Sorry. I can't just take your word for it. I don't trust him.
- Avatar: That's fine. A little healthy skepticism won't hurt. Just try to be civil, OK?
- Takumi: I'll do my best.
- Zola: Lord Takumi...
- Takumi: What's wrong with you? Did I say that you could speak my name?
- Zola: Gah! No, sir. I'm sorry, sir.
(Scene transitions to the deck of the ship. Sakura is meeting up with the Avatar)
- Sakura: Well, petty disagreements aside, we've had smooth sailing so far, don't you agree? The captain even says we could reach Nohr tomorrow with favorable winds.
- Avatar: That's great news. Although, to be honest, I wouldn't mind a longer trip. It's so relaxing out here.
- Sakura: N-not for me. I've been feeling a little seasick, to be honest. But it looks like you've really taken to the sea. You've been out here for hours!
- Avatar: Perhaps when all of this is over, I'll buy my own boat... Although...it does appear that the weather is turning on us.
- Sakura: Oh! You're right. Those clouds don't look good. And look at the w-waves!
- Avatar: Right. Let's head inside before we get soaked!
(The ship is shaken by an impact)
- Avatar: Whoa. It's really roughs out there.
- Sakura: Ahhhh! We've stopped moving! How is that even possible? Are you OK, Avatar?
- Avatar: Yeah, I'm fine. But we really need to get out of here! Maybe there's a problem with the boat. Let's go speak with the captain.
(Strong winds begin to blow over the Avatar and Sakura)
- Avatar: I've never seen a storm come on this quickly. Is this normal at sea?
- Sakura: I don't think so. I'm s-scared, Avatar. My goodness! Look at the sea! Those waves are massive! This boat is too big to capsize, right? Right?
- Avatar: Stand back! There's something in the water!
(A whirlpool forms in the middle of the ocean. A transparent figure covered in a glowing aura emerges from there, and lands in front of the Avatar)
- Sakura: Eeeek!
- Avatar: What is it?
- ???: Shh...
- Avatar: Who goes there? Are...are you the spirit who appeared when my mother was killed?
- ???: Shh...
- Azura: Avatar! What's going on?
- Avatar: Stay back, Azura!
(The "spirit" tries to attack Azura, but Kaze intercepts him)
- Kaze: Milady! Are you OK?
- Azura: Yes, I'm fine. Thank you, Kaze!
- Kaze: Lord/Lady Avatar! What is that thing?
- Avatar: Your guess is as good as mine. A storm came out of nowhere, and then this spirit appeared on deck.
- Azura: Maybe it came out of the water...
- Kaze: Well, it looks like we have a fight on our hands. Whatever this spirit is, it seems capable of sinking our ship!
- Avatar: We've come too far for that. Everyone, on guard!
(Before Turn 1 ends. Reina appears)
- Reina: Ah, at last. I can see Lord/Lady Avatar from here. Oh my. Look at them struggling with those spirits. Well, I should be able to help them with that! May my bow strike true and deliver exquisite pain and death upon my enemies!
(The Avatar interacts with Reina)
- Reina: Hello, Lord/Lady Avatar. I'm glad you're safe and sound.
- Avatar: I'm sorry, but who are you? And do you realize that we're in the middle of a battle?
- Reina: Oh, yes, of course. But this type of battle is like a playground to me. I'm Reina, a kinshi knight from Hoshido. Yukimura sent me here to provide you with my special brand of assistance. Specifically, skewering enemies by the dozen. Oh, I wish you could have seen some of the work I did on the way here. The depth of agony was palpable. And the palette of violent reds...so vivid. Mmm...
- Avatar: Uh... What?
- Reina: I'm talking about the enemies I killed on the way here.
- Avatar: Ah. I see. And you're not going to kill any of us, right? Just our enemies?
- Reina: Of course! I'm sorry if you misunderstood. Please, just point me in the direction of anything you would like to die.
- Avatar: Right. Well, anyone glowing purple would be a good start...
(The Avatar, Sakura, Takumi and Zola are talking on the deck)
- Avatar: That's the last of them.
- Takumi: Ha! Those stupid things didn't know who they were messing with.
- Avatar: Well, I'm glad to see that you're feeling like yourself again. Takumi.
- Takumi: Me too. After all, I have a long way to go to redeem myself...
- Avatar: Takumi, that's simply not true.
(The spirit appears behind Takumi)
- ???: Shh...
- Avatar: Look out!
- Takumi: Hmm?
- Zola: Lord Takumi! Move!
(The spirit tries to attack Takumi but Zola pushes him aside, taking the hit in his stead)
- Takumi: He saved me!
- Zola: Ugh...now's your chance. Take him out!
- Takumi: With pleasure. Haaaa!
(His arrow connects, but does no apparent damage to the spirit. It then vanishes in a purple flash)
- ???: Ugh...
- Takumi: That did it.
- Zola: Well done...Lord...Takumi... Oh...I forgot. I'm not supposed to say your name... *cough* *cough*
- Takumi: Oh. About that...
- Sakura: Zola! Are you OK? Took quite a shot there. Here, I can help heal your wounds.
- Zola: Thank you, milady...
- Takumi: Hmm.
- Avatar: That was extremely courageous, Zola. Are you all right?
- Zola: It was nothing. I'm just glad that Lady Sakura was able to heal me.
- Avatar: I beg to differ. It was not nothing. It was a remarkably selfless act.
- Takumi: Zola...I have something to say to you.
- Zola: Yes, Lord Tak—I mean yes, milord?
- Takumi: Please. You've more than earned the right to speak my name. I'm sorry for doubting you.
- Zola: Really? You mean that?
- Takumi: Yes. Talk is cheap, and I still think I was smart not to trust you at first. But you may have just saved my life. It was a heroic act.
- Zola: Thank you, Lord Takumi! I'm just following Lord/Lady Avatar's lead. If it weren't for him/her, I may have died at the hands of Lord Leo in Izumo. Now maybe you'll have the chance to perform a similar gesture.
- Takumi: Wait, Avatar jumped in front of an attack meant for you? Right after you tried to kill her?
- Avatar: Ha! No, Takumi. It wasn't exactly like that. I merely asked Leo to spare Zola's life. He was helpless and defeated.
- Zola: Yes. And that kindness was enough to sway Lord Leo. He merely exiled me instead of taking my life.
- Takumi: I see. Well, I just hope we can put all of this behind us.
- Zola: Of course, milord!
- Avatar: Yes. It's time to focus on what's next. Who knows what's waiting for us in Nohr...