The Triangle Attack is a powerful move that can be performed by certain trios of characters should they surround an enemy from three sides before attacking. This special attack was introduced in Fire Emblem Gaiden for the pegasus sisters. The participant who then attacks in that position will land an automatic critical hit. In most games, only the three Pegasus Knights/Falcon Knights are able to carry it out, however, there are a few exceptions.
Triangle attacks are generally considered impractical, both due to the relative difficulty of setting them up, and due to the fact they usually require you to raise three units of the same class, while variety is generally more desirable.
Monshō no NazoEdit
- Palla, Catria and Est.
Genealogy of the Holy WarEdit
- Vampa, Fetra and Eliu. (All three are variants of the Mage class.)
- Meng, Maybell, and Bleg. (All three are Falcon Knights.)
- Seisen no Keifu features the only two trios that are actually enemies rather than allies.
Fūin no TsurugiEdit
Rekka no KenEdit
The Sacred StonesEdit
- Vanessa, Tana and Syrene. (Only one may be a Wyvern Knight, and if so, that unit has to initiate the triangle attack.)
Path of RadianceEdit
- Boyd, Oscar and Rolf. (The player must have read the Info Conversation between the "3 Brothers" (Chapters 13 and 19). In order for the second one to appear, Oscar and Boyd must both be promoted and able to wield bows as their secondary weapons.)
- Marcia, Tanith and Elincia. (The player must have read the Info conversation "Holy Guard" (Chapter 28). Marcia must also be promoted by then in order for it to appear.)
- Marcia, Tanith, Sigrun and Elincia. (Note that only three of them may take part, hence it's a Triangle Attack.)
- Boyd, Oscar and Rolf.
- Palla, Catria and Est.
New Mystery of the EmblemEdit
- Since Shadow Dragon has introduced the Reclassing system, some players wonder if the three sisters are still qualified to perform a Triangle Attack. The fact is that they are, no matter what class each of them is assigned, as long as they are all adjacent to their target.
- It is also worth noting that since the Triangle Attack is not considered to be a critical hit, it can bypass the effect of the "Dazzle" card in WiFi battles.
Usually, a character will have something to say the first time he or she triggers a Triangle Attack.
“Fetra, Eliu, let's go, right now! TRIANGLE ATTACK!!”
—Vampa's battle cry in Seisen no Keifu
“Thite, Shanna, get ready. TRIANGLE ATTACK!!”
—Juno's battle cry in Fūin no Tsurugi
“Uh... let's go. TRIANGLE ATTACK!!”
—Wendy's battle cry in Fūin no Tsurugi
“Show the enemy the power of us Armor Knights. TRIANGLE ATTACK!!”
—Bath's battle cry in Fūin no Tsurugi
“Um... Here goes... Tri... Triangle attack!”
—Florina's battle cry in Rekka no Ken
“Farina! Florina! Remember our training? Triangle attack!”
—Fiora's battle cry in Rekka no Ken
“Behold the dancing wings of Ilia! Triangle attack!!!”
—Farina's battle cry in Rekka no Ken
“I know we can do this! Triangle attack!”
—Tana's battle cry in The Sacred Stones
“The time is now! Triangle attack!”
—Rolf's battle cry in Path of Radiance
“Now!!! Triangle attack!”
—Rolf's battle cry in Radiant Dawn
“Look, an opening! Triangle attack!”
—Boyd's battle cry in Radiant Dawn
“Now's our chance! Ready... Triangle attack!!!”
—Oscar's battle cry in Radiant Dawn
“Now! Now's our chance!!! Triangle attack!”
—Marcia's battle cry in Radiant Dawn
“All together, now! Triangle attack!”
—Tanith's battle cry in Radiant Dawn
“So, are we ready?! Triangle attack!”
—Sigrun's battle cry in Radiant Dawn
“...Let's go! Triangle attack!”
—Elincia's battle cry in Radiant Dawn
“With me, sisters! Triangle Attack!!!”
—Palla's battle cry in Shadow Dragon
“We have you now! Triangle Attack!!!”
—Catria's battle cry in Shadow Dragon
“It's just you and me! ...And my sisters! Triangle Attack!!!”
—Est's battle cry in Shadow Dragon
The attack can be performed by any of the three participants, from any side, as long as all three of them are surrounding the target enemy. The formation of a Triangle Attack usually is as follows:
- U = Allied Unit
- E = Enemy
In the case of the three brothers, Boyd, Oscar and Rolf from Path of Radiance, bows are used instead of short-range weapons, therefore each of the participants needs to be one square away from the target.
U x UxExU