Troubadours are female mounted units who use staves, although they originally could wield swords as well. They are akin to a mounted version of Clerics or Priests, and as such are treated as cavalry. They originally promoted to Paladin in Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, but as of Binding Blade, they promote to Valkyrie. In Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, they can also promote to Mage Knight, while in Fire Emblem: Awakening, they can also promote to War Cleric.
Genealogy of the Holy War/Thracia 776Edit
- Ethlyn - Sigurd's sister and Quan's wife, the mother of Leif and Altena.
- Nanna - The princess of Nordion, daughter of Raquesis, and sister of Delmud.
- Janne - A girl from Agustria and Finn's adoptive daughter, Nanna's replacement if Raquesis dies child-less.
- Clarine - A young girl who was captured by Marquess Laus, Lord Erik. She is the daughter of Pent and Louise, as Klein is their son.
Rekka no KenEdit
- Maribelle - Lissa's best friend, member of Chrom's Shepherds force, and the daughter of an influential noble family in Ylisse.
In medieval times, troubadours were poet-musicians who recited ancient tales. However, the term "troubadour" refers to a male, while female poet-musicians were called trobairitz.