Welcome to DigiPen92's/King Marth 64's Talk Page.
Welcome to my talkpage and also:
- Add comments to the bottom of the page, and under a new heading unless your comment relates to the previous thread.
- Remember to just sign your posts using four tildes
(~~~~)or by cliking or
- Stop to giving me trouble, I get confused and please be respectful, I will report on admins or wiki staff if you give me trouble.
- Do not curse, harrase, leave personal attack messages, or any rude comments, I will report to admins or to wiki staff.
- Do not vandlize, spam, or screwing stuff around on my talk page.
- Do not antagonize me or do something naughty, I protect the wiki from any costs to help out.
|Welcome to the Fire Emblem Wiki, DigiPen92!|
|Welcome to the Fire Emblem Wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll continue to edit our wiki.
Hey! hows it going? i saw you editing some stuff on the side. Hows avatar wikia going for ya? Rydersilver 23:16, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
While I appreciate the zeal, I think you need to know a few things about images. First off, categorization. You can categorize images by adding [[Category:Whatever]] to the images page. Second, proper filenames, please. If I just look at the upload list, I can barely tell what "006.png" is. One more thing, don't just mass upload a bunch of random screenshots and expect us to know what to do with them. On the same note, the page for a particular game is not a dumping ground for random screenshots from that game. Two or three is fine, to illustrate gameplay mechanics and whatnot, but if it gets unruly I may have to take action. If you want to upload multiple images for a particular topic, than sure, but remember proper filenames and categorization.--Otherarrow 14:09, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- 1.) Sorry, I got them from here and so, if I rename the file of that FE12 title for example like - t006.jpg to FE12title.jpg. Is that Ok?</p>
- 2.) And the gallery in FE12 isn't need yet or is it just needed to use a few images that doesn't have any links from the other pages?</p>
- For filenames, yes, that would fine. As for the gallery on the FE12 page, I wouldn't worry about it for now.--Otherarrow 18:18, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
FE12 in the US...?Edit
Wow, Intelligents Systems are really working on the English version of FE12. Wow, somebody pinch me. We are going to have FE12 in the US!!
Just wondering, what were you referring to in this comment? Aveyn Knight 12:32, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry to intrude, but I think he was commenting on a unverified edit to the main page that an anon made (which I reverted, btw). The fact that he posted that on the talk page (again, I might add, even after I told him the talk page wasn't the place for that) in response to an unverified edit did make me more than a little peeved. I'm sorry.--Otherarrow 12:36, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm Sorry, I didn't mean it to do that, I got fooled from that info. And I erased that message to not let anyone confused. -- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 22:19, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
At the time, there is really no information on this game other than it exists, a very small look at the gameplay, and the names of a few of the characters (but nothing aside from the names). I'd not worry about making articles and templates for this thing until we know much more about it, like what it is actually called. There is no point in having articles on characters we have no information on. (Also, no offense, but I'd leave the template making, or at least template coloring, to someone else. The "black/purple" combination you came up with doesn't look good at all.)--Otherarrow 22:34, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Err... My bad, I guess your kinda right, sorry and what colors are you going for you're template design for the Fire Emblem 3DS, when we have more new info?-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 23:24, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
That's an interesting observation, but personally I think the numbered symbols could mean anything or nothing, so I'll refrain from commenting on it until more information is released. Aveyn Knight 18:30, September 19, 2011 (UTC)
- I added that extra Emmeryn screenshot so I could reference it for a discussion. I don't think the image is that important to warrant adding to the page, since it's just a capture from a video that you can watch now, but maybe when I update the page later. Aveyn Knight 12:14, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
Hey there, I noticed you uploaded some of the FE2 manga scans and they were translated in English. Do you have a link to where I could find them, as I am interested in them. Kelsper 20:05, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I got them from here in the Serenes Forest.net Forums, and it was translated by The End (LanceKnightGuy). :) -- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 20:10, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Much appreciated. Kelsper 20:13, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
While I appreciate the images of manga characters, I do have to ask the purpose of uploading an entire page just to illustrate one character, especially if that character only appears in one panel. Wouldn't it be better to just upload the panel they appear in?--Otherarrow 22:52, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Mmmm... I will try to do my best.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 23:19, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
What have I told you about uploading entire manga pages? We don't need them. We aren't a Fire Emblem manga hosting site. We just need the panels with the characters in them. I thought you said you had this? Like, take this image for instance. Why do we have the whole page, when the clearest shot of Johan and Johalva is on the second panel? I think it's disrepectful to the people who translated it if we just post the whole thing without giving credit.--Otherarrow 16:15, January 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, I get little confused sometimes. I was kinda trying to find a good manga image to use it to upload it, I didn't know if use on one panel like Photoshop or something else for the scan and copy the panel, I wasn't actually sure about it? I'll try to do my best for the scans. About the credit, I knew the scanlator was TheEnd from SF.net who also did the Gaiden manga and the Hasha no Tsurugi manga and I did told Aveyn Knight about the Gaiden manga and the Light Inheritors manga adaption on SF.net that they're scanlated and wasn't listed as Scanlated in the Manga section. I found them from his sig on the forums while I was looking on the FE4 Oosawa manga. Sorry, I wasn't actually too sure if its allowed to add the name of the Scanlator's name under in the Gaiden and Light Inheritors manga page's trivia part or something else and put "This manga was scanlated by TheEnd from Serenesforest.net, who also did the Scanlation of the Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi manga." or something else. Sorry.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 05:46, January 15, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, I happened to notice your edit to the Usernav template. If I recall correctly, I had been working on it a year and a half ago when I was last active. Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for adding the two rollbacks because I had totally forgotten about all that. Furthermore, I will soon be changing the names in the "other users" section as well, seeing as some of those users have been inactive. You seem to be quite busy around here so you'll probably end up in that list, btw. Thanks again and enjoy the holidays!
C13g3 ---Talk Page-04:29, December 25, 2011 (UTC)
I don't know if you just got lazy or had to go do something else for a bit, but none of the FE13 images you uploaded were categorized. Remember, you must categorize images by adding [[Category:]] to the image page. Sorry if I am saying something you already know, but after having to categorize 17 images for you, I had to make sure you remembered.--Otherarrow 14:41, December 28, 2011 (UTC)--Otherarrow 14:41, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Umm... I do remember to categorize the images, but I wasn't too sure that you're going to rename the Category:Fire Emblem 3DS images to Category:Awakening images since its got a official name, since I can't rename the Category, it only does work on renaming the pages.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 18:47, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
- You should have brought that up with me before you decided to upload 17 more images that go into the category you want to rename, and then just leaving them. Think next time. I can't just snap my fingers and have all the categories corrected, you know.--Otherarrow 19:39, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, I will try to do that next time.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 20:05, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
What does this, exactly, have to do with Shanna? I found it on her page.
Fanny is a female given name, derived from "Frances".
When does Fanny=Shanna? It says "Fanny" on Shanna's etymology. And since Fanny is a variation of Frances, I don't think it matches. And apparently her japanese name was "Shani". 22.214.171.124 11:43, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not exactly big with Etymology, maybe ask Aveyn Knight or Otherarrow or maybe ask or make a discussion on the Shanna talkpage about the Etymology. I just usually create pages, upload images, adding stats, create pages about the Manga adaptions, and categories to pages, sorry.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 19:51, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Another IP added it. You were right to remove it. I am not sure why you brought it up with King Marth of all people though (no offense). He had nothing to do with it (I don't think he was even a editor when it was added), and is just another average user like yourself. (again, no offense). Also, while her name can be romanized as "Shani", the Fire Emblem Museum and Path of Radiance's image gallery translate it as "Thany".--Otherarrow 01:08, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
I think the template looks pretty good. Aveyn Knight 23:51, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
Just to let You KnowEdit
I have no means to demean or insult you at all, but it's not a good idea to post personal information on your profile, as there are people who will try to find out who you are and where you live (even if you didn't post your name or address). That's the problem that's been going on with cyber-bullying on sites like Facebook and Twitter, because people post way too much personal information. If you want to say you like Fire Emblem or hate vandals, that's fine. But posting personal information is never a good idea.--Thenewguy34 10:57, February 9, 2012 (UTC)
Why are you posting personal information on your profile? There are people that use that information for harm. Even though you haven't your name, people can still make a pretty good guess on who you are if they have the patience to do that. I know someone who got one of those "congratulations, you won a ______" messages on their computer; even though they X'd out of it, a couple of days later he got a phone call asking when he was going to pick it up. And they said his first and last name, even though he never gave any information to them! People on the internet can be cruel. --126.96.36.199 00:58, February 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't know? I don't post personal stuff in my profile.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 02:27, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
I think what he's trying to get at is that you are posting information that exposes your relative location. --Thenewguy34 10:44, March 1, 2012 (UTC)
No offense, but I don't think you are understanding the meaning of an archetype. Is is not a list of characters with generally one similarity. It is a group of characters, usually one or two from each game they're present in, who share personality and/or stat similarities. What's next? The Matthis archetype, where every recruitable unit who sides with the enemy against his/her will qualifies? That's basically what your archetype suggestions are. --Thenewguy34 01:12, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
- What? I do know its a group not a list and they have personality and similar stats also.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 02:23, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
Forgive me if I am incorrect, but I don't think the "Needquote" template was intended to be pasted on pages that already have quotes. While those pages may need death and final chapter quotes, I feel just slapping on the template on every page and leaving it at that doesn't really help matters. Sorry if I made a mistake.--Otherarrow 06:06, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Also, sorry that I undid some of the clean up you did by mistake. That was totally my bad.--Otherarrow 06:58, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I guess, I'll try to do better next time with the NeedQuote incase if there are no quotes. Sorry about that.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 07:01, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
My bad for doubting your edits; I would, however, strongly suggest that you, at the very least, substantiate some of the more sensitive edits (like name changes in Japan-only games and whatnot) with evidence mentioned in the File Summary on your first edit (A link would be nice; I had no choice but to agree with you after doing up a search on FE Museum myself.
Personally, I was confused, as I had always known the character in question as Shin (not to mention his JP name is pronounced that way as well), and never suspected that the creators would decide to be 'innovative' with his name. --Engweimin 17:48, March 13, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, adding category "Fire Emblem: Kakusei Characters" Link to characters from said game, and I tried to do this to "My Unit" and it will not show, even though I have tried adding it several times. Why is this? There is a time for all things, and the end of a thing is better then the beginning. 17:07, March 25, 2012 (UTC) – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Anon.... (talk • contribs).
Help on Other WikiasEdit
Regarding the Golden Sun series (I'm asking you here because you're not as active on that wikia as you are here), but I ask that you help me expand everything regarding Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, since it hasn't been updated since pre-release. And this game is a year and a half old! Since you've marked yourself as a contributor to that wikia, I ask that you devote some of your time and help me expand some of these outdated articles; it would be very great if you could lend your assistance. I've already started taking notes on the plot. --Thenewguy34 00:24, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
Abel Artwork ProposalEdit
I'm not against your proposal about changing his featured image. I'm sorry if it appeared otherwise, it's just that an unregistered user was vandalizing the page, so I was reverting those edits. I'm not sure which of his images is the most current, but maybe Otherarrow would know. As a side note, I wouldn't waste too much time talking to unregistered users who are engaging in deliberate vandalism. Just tell one of the admins and they'll take care of it. Thanks for your contributions!--Aivass Remurias 06:03, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
I need alittle help pleaseEdit
Hi King Marth64 though I have never spoken to you yet I see your the only one on at the moment and well...I need help with putting the little weapon icon picture next to the word`s when making a page like for instance. Mage and then right next to it would be the little map sprite for it how do you do that? because I want to make a few new page`s containing the unused skill`s in FE4 unless they are already up here by any chance?Naglfar94 05:36, June 2, 2012 (UTC)Naglfar94
- Umm... I am not sure how exactly I know how to do that, sorry.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 05:55, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
oh..ok do you think maybe Otherarrow can help? or maybe I can make the page`s then add the icon`s to the photo`s on the wiki and somone else can add them.thank`s though.Naglfar94 06:02, June 2, 2012 (UTC)naglfar94
Re:Image moving requestEdit
I didn't notice this until a recent reread, but what did you mean by "up until the Final Chapter"? Sorry if this comes off as really dumb.--Otherarrow 20:35, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I probably meant some of the Chapters were #7 all the way to Final Chapter in FE6 to make sure have proper filenames.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 23:02, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- OK, the rest seem to have proper filenames to my knowledge. Sorry for the confusion.--Otherarrow 23:43, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
I see you are adding icons to Gaiden pagesEdit
- Sorry, but I think that they're kinda way too cluttered to make them smaller, they were just fine a minute ago.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 00:25, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I said its kinda made them too cluttered with putting those 25px and made the FE2 Map Icons sprite looked mushed, they were kinda fine.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 23:12, July 17, 2012 (UTC)
The class name itself, "Pegasus Knight," is rather long, but we should still maintain the practice, as it works a bit better on other pages. I made the space a little larger in case this happens with smaller class names (getting it to fit for Pegasus Knight would leave a bunch of redundant space on other article). So technically speaking, if you want to revert it, provide good reasoning. I understand that such "clutter" only occurred on the wikia skin, but you do have to note that such skin compresses pages a bit. --Thenewguy34(Other) 17:33, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Well the Pegasus Knight and the Falcon Knight map sprite are almost the same in Gaiden, its kinda too small and the Paladin and the Bow Knight map sprite is almost the same also, I think its kinda get people little confused to make them that small for the pages.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 17:44, July 20, 2012 (UTC)
Reposted from my talk pageEdit
If I recall, those are internal names, and not actual Romanizations like Chrom, Vaike, etc were. The whole "Nagi/Naga" thing from the official sites for Shadow Dragon comes to mind. I'd wait until we see it in something a bit more concrete. Sorry.--Otherarrow (talk) 15:44, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- OK, seriously? Did you just do the "ask me if you should do something, but do it anyway before I can respond" thing? Again? If you are going to go ahead and do it anyway, don't ask me about it. Because, as seen here, sometimes I will tell you not to do it, and now it looks like you went against my recommendation for no stated reason. EDIT: I am not going to move them back or anything, but the whole idea of bringing it up to me if you didn't care about my opinion seems pointless.--Otherarrow (talk) 17:57, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- EDIT:I realize now that you weren't actually asking me, whoops on my end, but I knew about the poll and if I thought that was concrete enough, I would have moved the pages before this. Sorry. But it's all done now (thanks to Are You Serious, thanks man) so I guess there is no problem aside from me being an ass. Sorry again.--Otherarrow (talk) 18:16, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, sorry, I was going to message you again in your talkpage and the power went out in my house this morning after I got up and made the computer shut off before fixing the FE13 names in the Mercenary page and I didn't have time after fixing the Olivia page, because I was going to bed right at 11pm and so I have to put the given names out to make sure that got this finished before any nonies or users creating the page without relizing its alreay existed, I guess I owe a thanks for Are You Serious, Aivass Remurias, and Thenewguy34 for the help on the FE13 stuff.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 19:18, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
I have been noticing that you have been creating redirects lately, mostly illegitimate ones, like Semaj had apparently done during his three-year stint here. I admit, I created a few until I realized the redundancy of them. Anyways, I just want to let you know how what is NOT a legitimate redirect:
- Spam Redirects (self-explanatory; we are not linking "*****" to Marth)
- Fandom Redirects (but I do not think you would do this, for example linking "Raep" to Gheb)
- Plural/Singular redirects (redirects like "Iron Bows" to Iron Bow or "Paladins" to Paladin) will be deleted; we have a search engine, so these redirects are pointless.
- Lowercase/Uppercase redirects ("Iron sword" to Iron Sword, etc.): We do not need a lowercase redirect for convenience with linking; it just takes up unnecessary space on the wiki. If a person gets a red link, we can always fix the link.
- Redirects that do not follow wiki policy #2 (ie. Your "Yodel (The Binding Blade)" redirect)
- I may have missed one or two basic ideas of illegitimacy, but please do not just recklessly create redirects for the sake of having them.
The Legitimate redirects are:
- Names from Fan Translations (ie. "Shin" to Sin)
- Another name, including Japanese Names (ie. "Tiamat" to Titania, or the ")
- Redirects that are shortened from the original title that are simpler to remember: But no, "Yodel (The Binding Blade) violates wiki policy #2, as this is a translation from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The appropriate redirects are stuff like "Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo" to Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~, because "Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~" is rather hard to remember. Fuin no Tsurugi only takes a bit of effort and time to remember.
- Other stuff that I cannot remember right now, but does not qualify for the illegitimacy mentioned before this second list.
In short, please do not create illegitimate redirects, like you have been starting to do (and those redirects you have created have been deleted or are marked for deletion). --Thenewguy34(Other) 10:05, August 26, 2012 (UTC)
Olwen - KakuseiEdit
Hi, just wondering where you got your info on Olwen being released in Kakusei as a Dark Knight? I can't find a reference to it anywhere else. :( GwenhwyfarRaven (talk) 02:58, August 31, 2012 (UTC)GwenhwyfarRaven
- I found it from Serenes Forest.net under in SpotPass section.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 04:08, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
Nyna Archetype Edit
Since your page says you're editing Archetypes, I had a question about one. I notice that there seems to be a common thread of princesses that are left as the final member of their family and/or bloodline. The first to occur is Nyna and her ancestor Artemis in the Akaneia series.
I think Raquesis counts in the first generation of Seisen no Keifu, since Chagall and Eldigan are killed, but maybe only partially since Ares is still alive. It partially fits for Nanna in the second generation and Thracia 776, as she is a princess of a nearly extinct line, but not completely since her cousin Ares and brother Delmud are still alive to carry on the family name/bloodline.
In Rekka no Ken, Lyndis partially counts. She's not the last member of her family, but she's the last that can carry on the name/bloodline of her family.
In the Tellius series, Elincia definitely counts. Even if she isn't the only remaining member of her family, the player is under that impression for 90% of the series's duration.
- Might work. Refer Otherarrow to the post you made here (I try to stay away from changing/adding Archetypes myself). Actually, I think this was brought up here and here.--Aivass Remurias (talk) 00:29, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, I see his point. I think I did bring up some things that the others have in common. Ira might be able to be added to my list under the same conditions as Raquesis, since Shanan is still alive in first gen. But I still think I bring up some decent parallels. Maybe this would be a better definition of the previously deleted Nyna archetype? --GwenhwyfarRaven (talk) 01:02, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Sometimes, an Archetype is initally brought forward and then denied because it was not fully thought out, not detailed enough, has too many exceptions to the core traits, etc. Later, when these things are amended suffciently, they are sometimes approved. That could could be the case with this (I think it is now pretty legit). I'd leave the final decision to Otherarrow, though.--Aivass Remurias (talk) 01:09, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I really don't care about archetypes anymore. As long as you don't include anything too specific (such as archetypes that only fit a single character at most and stretch to fit others in) or too general (having a archetype based solely on class), or have too many "special cases", like the old Nyna archetype had, I'll leave it alone. This revised version seems fine enough.--Otherarrow (talk) 01:29, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree with what Otherarrow said. That's a pretty good set of guidelines. Although, I think you really lucked out. Otherarrow seems to be in a very good mood today, likely because people are starting to add to the TearRing Saga pages again after so long (hehe)...just kidding...Otherarrow is always in a good mood. Always.--Aivass Remurias (talk) 01:36, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, if I was in a bad mood I'd probably say the same thing. I am kinda sick of bickering over archetypes, and as long as people follow those things (not too specific, but not too general either. Don't pad out the list with "special cases") they can do whatever. I do recall that the original Nyna was general enough that you could probably justify adding the majority of the lords, which doesn't seen to be the case here, so I am fine.--Otherarrow (talk) 01:40, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, I'm sorry about that. I thought it came across as extremely good-natured, but I guess you never really know what people are thinking, right? *Shrugs...again, sorry.--Aivass Remurias (talk) 01:44, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
I added it with a few more notes, like that the protagonist usually liberates their country or, rarely, they do (Lyndis). I didn't include the notes about Raquesis's surviving nephew because I don't think his existence is revealed until second generation, and I specified that it applied to her in the first. I also didn't include Nanna because Delmud and Ares provide two big exceptions for her to fit this archetype. --GwenhwyfarRaven (talk) 01:53, September 18, 2012 (UTC)
Just note that this is a heavily biased blog. I am not trying to single out the person, only clarify that it is biased. Bias is pretty much the worst thing to have in an encyclopedia, because it is not a neutral point of view. Do you have a problem with that? --Thenewguy34(Other) 21:30, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Dude. It's the guy's blog. That is the one place where he is free to express his opinions. This isn't "removing bias from the wiki", this is getting into being a jerk for no reason. Seriously, cut it out. If you continue to harass users for not fitting your ideal standards of userdom, or whatever, I may have to take action.--Otherarrow (talk) 22:04, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, you are not seeing the change because you are using the wikia skin. I made the change in monobook so the Fire affinity image did not force a new line. Go to "My Preferences", and change your skin to see the change I made to Rebecca. Reverting it one more time just shows you are not understanding me. And I do not know how to be any clearer. Sorry if I am snapping at you, but reverting over this silly stuff is like flinging peas at each other. --Thenewguy34(Other) 23:15, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
- No need for the semi-threat in that last edit summary, but yeah, King Marth 64, I can confirm that 18px is better than 20px in Monobook. It shouldn't have an adverse effect in Oasis, either...your thoughts?--Aivass Remurias (talk) 23:44, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Template Endings Edit
What's up? Why are you reverting the changes to the /end templates? They're actaully not needed, the templates display the same way without them. The whole template is just |}, which can just be put on the page directly.--Aivass Remurias (talk) 23:09, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
Chapter Pages (Lefcandith Gauntlet) Edit
- Shouldn't we leave those two headers back up since we put them back last time, I'm little confused since you did reverted his edit to place the headers a while back?-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 22:10, October 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, I already saw the link, but didn't we agree about the leaving the headers for the Chapters and Background Information earlier and didn't you (or someone) get premission from or tell Otherarrow about the headers for the Chapters and Background Information for the chapter pages?-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 05:33, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, I really do not think we need the headers, though I have been more focused on removing unneeded redirects or cleaning up character pages to enforce this. But King Marth, you are indeed correct: Aivass, you asked for when I am ready, I am ready. --Thenewguy34(Other) 11:29, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
- I am starting to think you can't read. Don't move a page until you fix all the links for the last page you moved. You still have to fix the links for Donnel and Rufure/Robin. The reason I made that forum page and insisted we do this one thing at a time is so we can do this as efficiently as possible. Don't be lazy.--Otherarrow (talk) 17:38, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, no I'm little confused and I can read, but I could have sworn that I putted I fixed Donnel and I'm not being lazy, edit I saw your note again, I will try to stay on that forum.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 17:49, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
Swears (Oh lordy) Edit
The policy states, and I quote: "While use of profanity is discouraged, simply using it will not be reverted unless it is used to insult others. (likewise, users shouldn't go out of their way to censor any "naughty words" they see)" In other words, as long as no one is insulting someone else with swears, or anything like that, you leave it alone. I admit, I try not to swear, but it slips out sometimes and it doesn't harm anything. Trying to force unneeded censorship will likely lead to trouble, and, really, this just wastes time. Sorry.--Otherarrow (talk) 06:20, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I posted this to my own talk page like an idiot. Sorry. It's getting late.--Otherarrow (talk) 06:26, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Don't comment out people trying to tell you something. It makes it look like you are ignoring what they are saying, and don't want anyone to know that you did whatever they were trying to correct you on. Geez. EDIT: I admit, I missed your personal request to not swear at the top, and I apologize. Like I said, it's getting late for me. But that doesn't mean you can just comment out the whole thing and pretend it isn't there.--Otherarrow (talk) 06:50, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, I got a little confused and I wasn't doing anything wrong and I wasn't ignoring also.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 06:57, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
And plus, I was kinda helping the wiki also and I also asked the other users from Community Central about those edit summaries and one of the staffs did removed the edit summary for the Serlis's page, Lilina's page twice, and some more to keep out of sight (and also, they are going to do five more tomorrow or the next day).-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 07:52, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Nevermind.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 18:46, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
Chapter Page HeadingsEdit
Hi there, friend. I wanted to bring this  thread to your to your attention regarding chapter pages. It was all ready to go last month, but was never fully implemented. It's starting to become important again. Thenewguy34 and myself came to an agreement/compromise of sorts, and that was the result.--Aivass Remurias (talk) 06:32, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Did you talk to Otherarrow about the Chapter Page Headings in the Chapter pages and made an agreement with him?-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 07:24, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Ummm.....? Are you sure about this?-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 08:32, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
Forgive me, but I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean by that. Maybe it'd be better if I come back some other time? It's no problem...--Aivass Remurias (talk) 08:43, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, I wasn't sure why did you remove the headers and you talked to Otherarrow about doing the headers for chapter pages before doing it right now, if he agreed? Sorry that I am not good with english sentence grammar, but I wasn't too sure about this.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 09:04, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
A friendly reminderEdit
When moving pages, be sure to check the "what links here" of the old name so you can fix any links. I know that isn't as doable right away because we have to wait for the cache to catch up with the template changes, but I want you to keep it in mind. Thanks for the quick response to all of this.--Otherarrow (talk) 20:14, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
A Little RequestEdit
Are you capable of uploading GBA map sprites? This wiki is missing enemy GBA map sprites, and I cannot think of anyone else other than you who might be able to do it. I feel very iffy about downloading a ROM, Engweimin is working on PoR and RD, Otherarrow is not the type of person to do such task, and Aivass - I am pretty sure that he would not take on to such task. Do you have the software needed to get those files? If you look at Category:Class Icons, there are absolutely no red GBA map sprites. It really hurts on pages like Riev that really need the red sprite. --Thenewguy34(Other) 13:15, December 7, 2012 (UTC)
- I probably might, but the only GBA game that I have running with the Emulator was The Binding Blade and I use a program called Paint.NET for get ride of the white or other background.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 09:17, December 8, 2012 (UTC)
Gaiden Map SpritesEdit
It appears that we have come to a disagreement in terms of how large the Gaiden Map Sprites should be. I personally think that having the icon so large seems inconsistent with other games, like FE4 or FE7. I know that we run different wiki skins (you run oasis, I run monobook), but I checked oasis, and some of the articles do not break lines when the map sprites are inserted. May we please consider a compromise here? --Thenewguy34(Other) 01:26, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, do not try and use coding to hide my message. I could go to Otherarrow and tell him how stubborn that was. How would you like it if I coded all of your messages so they did not appear? The best thing would be to negotiate this now instead of just trying to wait it out and cause an edit war. Let us just this done with now. --Thenewguy34(Other) 12:03, December 20, 2012 (UTC)
If we don't replace new artwork with portraits, would you mind if I edited the picture so that it's A) more reasonably sized and B) shows both Marcs?
Please read before you move any more pages.Edit
- I already did read it.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 22:02, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
This happened. While there's nothing you need to do obviously, what you have written is essentially a null vote. Of course, I'm not telling you to vote for/against in a particular way, but I thought I'd show you in case you wanted to change or remove it.--Aivass Remurias (talk) 06:00, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
I'm not sure if you were put in charge of changing to the Dierdre links, but as for Grannvale, I just now fixed quite a few of those links, including unlinked names. There are probably a few more remnants of other name changes, too. I have a helpful hint for you for the future. When you are put in charge of moving a page and then changing names, use the "what links here" on the left side toolbox in Monobook. Go to a listed page. Click edit. Next, hit "Ctrl+F". Type the old name that needs to be changed in the box that comes up. Your browser will then show you quickly and easily where all the linked and unlinked names are on that page, and will even remember what you typed in the search box when you do the same thing on a different page. I think that you use Chrome, so I know that this works rather well on that browser. This would really help. Thanks. =)--Aivass Remurias (talk) 03:25, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
Doesn't apply if the name is part of an image title, though. That will unlink the image. Also, there are more Deirdre links to get, so this might be good practice?--Aivass Remurias (talk) 04:03, February 4, 2013 (UTC)
Awakening map sprites Edit
How did you manage to get the map sprites from awakening? I'd really like a sheet of them or something because i like staring at sprites too much. 188.8.131.52 00:08, February 13, 2013 (UTC)Anonymous sprite lover
ShadowOfChaos over on SF took them. He has to take screenshot of them, and he hasn't made full sheets or anything. (for the map sprites, I mean.)184.108.40.206 19:58, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
How to get MissiletainnEdit
- You have to let Owain talk to the Villager Sage in the Southeastern-most house in the paralogue chapter that he's on or wait until the Infinite Regalia comes out.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 09:11, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks For Fixing LinksEdit
Hi King Marth 64, I wanted to stop by really quick and say thanks for getting around to correcting more legacy name links. It can be hard when there are more unlinked names on the same page, but Ctrl+F and "what links here" should really help. After the changes on templates, it does take a day for the cache to update, but I've found that after that, the "what links here" list updates just about right away. It can get overwhelming, though! =P--Aivass Remurias (talk) 17:18, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
Um...there are still a lot of links to fix from pages you moved. I understand we all have lives, but I'd suggest completing one name before starting another. Insert respect.--Aivass Remurias (talk) 10:36, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
Fire Emblem UK EventEdit
In case this applies to you, I wanted to draw your attention to an upcoming UK Fire Emblem event.
- Shucks, just saw you live Stateside after I posted this. Oh well, maybe you've moved recently?
- Jorge (profile)•(talk) 21:05, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
I guess you can might ask Aveyn Knight and/or Semajdraehs (I did heard both of them lived in that state and also, I am pretty sure that Semajdraehs is still inactive, but I am not too sure if he might able to reply back) and also, I haven't moved out of the states recently for years.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 22:08, March 21, 2013 (UTC)
Typo in one of your page movesEdit
- Sorry about that, but I think you mentioned that typo in the forums that might have mistakenly used it by accident and I did it completely forgot about the typo for Deirdre since I did it all the changing the links before the game came out in North America and got the game delivered to my home one week after February 4th that I haven't bothered checking rechecking Deirdre's name after I obtained my game, I apologies for it, sorry.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 04:04, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
If it turns out "Fire Emblem: Binding Blade" turns out to be "Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade" (the former I prefer, the latter I don't, but that's beside the point), I'm gonna flip my table over. Please confirm.--Aivass Remurias (talk) 09:45, April 12, 2013 (UTC)
- It was called "Binding Blade" without the "The" in Awakening, I did checked it in the SpotPass team and SpotPass notification that said "Fire Emblem: Binding Blade".-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 04:11, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
jpgs and pngs.Edit
Recently, I noticed that you have been replacing jpg files with pngs and putting the jpgs up for deletion. However, recently, Serenes Forest uploaded high quality version of the art, as noted here, however most of that art is in jpg format. The question basically becomes whether or not you should stop replacing the jpgs with pngs so that we can upload this new higher quality art without having to once again replace and delete the files. Do you understand what I am saying?--Otherarrow (talk) 23:51, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I was replacing the Images to transparent it too remove the white background and also fix those filenames also.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 00:02, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- "Fixing filenames" shouldn't be a priority if the filenames are technically official and/or useable. If an image is uploaded when we only had the Japanese names to go off of, we don't need to reupload/move the image just to "fix" the filename. Also, as stated, higher quality artwork in jpg format exists, but for that artwork to be uploaded to the wiki, either we upload over the jpgs, which you had deleted, or we delete the pngs. Or we ask Aveyn Knight if he can get it in png format, but I don't want to put too much work on the guy.--Otherarrow (talk) 00:22, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- I will probably ask him about the png images and don't worry, I help him with some of the stuff on SF.net for finding for corrections, helping creating other projects, and other stuff.-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 00:39, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- I can send you the official PNGs for Chrom, Marth, Lissa, Sumia, Kellam and Lon'qu; that's not a problem. It'll just take a while because they're fairly massive and my internet is kind of slow.
Bro you edit all i publish
220.127.116.11 02:55, July 20, 2013 (UTC)Iggs
Last time I looked (9:12am, UK time) Someone had vandalized Severa's page, changing her starting class and the name of the paralogue she joins. Not 100% sure on how to correct it, so decided to alert someone about it. There is a time for all things, and the end of a thing is better then the beginning. (talk) 08:14, August 2, 2013 (UTC)