“The weight of a knight's armor is a symbol of his loyalty”
—Gwendolyn in a support conversation with Lilina
Gwendolyn (ウェンディ Wendi, Wendy in the Japanese version) is a playable character in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. She is a knight of Ostia and is the younger sister of Bors. She first appears on turn 5 of Chapter 8 of The Binding Blade, along with Ogier and Barthe, in the northwest corner of the castle. The group assists the Lycia Alliance Army in retaking Castle Ostia. She then joins Roy's group for the rest of his journey. It is notable she can perform a Triangle Attack with Bors and Barthe.
She makes a brief cameo appearance in chapter 18 of the Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi manga.
Lance - D
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
- See also: Gwendolyn/Supports
Gwendolyn has low base stats for a unit joining in Chapter 8, and is a lance-locked, 4 move unit who joins right before the setting changes to the Western Isles, where Axe-using enemies dominate. As a result, she is extremely difficult to train, even though feeding her kills on Chapter 8X will make it much easier. Many enemies will double her and she will not do much damage or have good accuracy. However, she has good promotion bonuses and a well-balanced growth spread, so after she promotes she is a decent unit, with slightly higher Strength, Skill, and Speed than Bors, but less HP, Constitution and Defense. She is unsurprisingly much more skilful, faster, and luckier than Barthe but also has much less Strength and Defense.
Gwendolyn has a good support affinity that helps her with her offense issues, but the other units she supports can also be difficult to train. She also has a triangle attack with Bors and Barthe. This can help with her poor start, because Triangle Attacks always hit and the increased damage will help her get kills, but because Bors and Barthe also have poor movement, it can be difficult to set up.
- Adorable Knight
- Armored knight of Ostia. Intent on mastering defense, despite feeling awkward in armor. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
|Killer Lance||200||7||1||Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1)||✯✯✯|
|Killer Lance+||300||11||1||Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1)||✯✯✯✯✯|
|Name||SP Cost||Effects||Charge Cost||Rarity|
|Buckler||100||Reduces damage inflicted by attacks from adjacent foes by 30%.||3||✯✯✯|
|Escutcheon||200||Reduces damage inflicted by attacks from adjacent does by 30%.||2||✯✯✯✯|
|Drag Back||150||If unit initiates attack, the unit moves 1 space away after combat. Foe moves into unit's previous space.||✯✯✯|
|Hone Atk 1||50||Grants adjacent allies Atk+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn.|
|Hone Atk 2||100 (Required: Hone Atk 1)||Grants adjacent allies Atk+3 through their next actions at the start of each turn.|
|Hone Armor||200 (Required: Hone Atk 2)||Grants adjacent armored allies Atk/Spd+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.||✯✯✯✯|
The Binding BladeEdit
“You're joking right? I can't die...”
—Gwendolyn's death quote in The Binding Blade.
“You'll be fine, Gwendolyn… Just trust in yourself.”
—Gwendolyn's final battle quote in The Binding Blade.
Gwendolyn - Beautiful Knight (可憐な重騎士 Karen na Jūkishi lit. Lovely Heavy Knight)
- Gwendolyn chose to live her life as an Armor Knight. Her actions gave courage to many, and she is still remembered today as the first female captain of an Armor Knight squad.
- On the official Japanese website for Nintendo, Gwendolyn won 28th place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. The male-female vote ratio is 5:1. The voter comments seem to focus on her brave and bold personality and her gameplay abilities as a Knight/General.
- Gwendolyn shares her English FE Heroes voice actress, Cherami Leigh with Caeda and Cecilia.
- Coincidentally, Gwendolyn also shares a Japanese voice actress with Cecilia as both are voiced by Toa Yukinari.