Eliwood and colleagues defeat Bauker, one of Marquess Laus's lackeys. They then press on toward Castle Caelin. Yet inside the castle many Laus soldiers remain. Eliwood and friends begin their assault on the castle to save Marquess Caelin.
Whereabouts Unknown is Chapter 16 of Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken. Before attempting to retake Castle Caelin, Eliwood and Hector ask Lyn what happened to the Castle guards. Lyn says that most were killed in the surprise attack, and any survivors are probably locked up somewhere.
After the battle, Hector notices blood on the throne, which panics Lyn, but Eliwood says that Lord Hausen may only be injured. At that moment, Leila appears, and Hector introduces her as an Ostian spy. Leila says that Lord Hausen is in the back receiving treatment, much to Lyn's relief.
Hector asks Leila what she's doing here, and she says she's investigating Marquess Pherae's disappearance under Lord Uther's orders. She says that Marquess Pherae is alive, and explains that she's been posing as a member of the Black Fang for a few months. Eliwood mentions that Erik had said something about the Black Fang. Leila says that they were founded ten years ago by Brendan Reed, and are located in Bern. They originally only targeted nobles that abused their position, gaining them a reputation as defenders of the common man. But a year ago, Brendan got married again, and the Fang's activities have been slowly changing since then: nowadays, they kill anyone as long as they're paid.
Leila says that they've learned of a man, Nergal, who's behind Reed's wife, and says that the Fang is now performing secret tasks across Lycia for Nergal; Ephidel, his trusted retainer, is with Laus, and is the one who manipulated Darin into planning rebellion against Ostia. Helman was the first to answer Darin's call for rebellion, followed by Elbert, Eliwood's father. Although Leila cannot say if Elbert truly supported rebellion, she tells Eliwood that he's with Darin on a place called Dragon's Gate, located on the island of Valor.
Lyn asks what kind of place Valor is, and Eliwood says that people says that whoever steps on the island never returns, earning it the name "Dread Isles." Regardless, Eliwood is determined to go there and find his father, and Hector and Lyn say they'll join him. Leila begins to leave to go investigate, but Hector stops her, asking what Nergal and Ephidel are like. Leila says that she's never seen Nergal, but she's spoken to Ephidel numerous times, and the one thing she noticed is his golden eyes, which seem "inhuman" to her.
Elsewhere, Matthew stops Leila and asks how long this mission of hers will take. She says that since the two of them have the same mission, they should be back in Ostia around the same time. Matthew says that when they return, he wants to take Leila to his hometown. Leila asks why, and Matthew says to meet his parents, then leaves before Leila can reply.
If any of the guards were still alive at the end of the chapter, they'll approach Lyn and hand her a certain item:
- If the three Caelin soldiers survive you will receive a Red Gem
- If only two Caelin soldiers survive, you will receive a Light Rune
- If only one Caelin soldier survives, you will receive a Mine
Additionally, if at least one Caelin Soldier survives, you'll be given the option to go to Chapter 16x.
Initial Enemies (Total: 25)Edit
- Bernard (Boss): L1 General w/ Steel Lance
- 1 Archer L3 w/ Iron Bow
- 1 Archer L4 w/ Short Bow
- 1 Archer L5 w/ Iron Bow
- 4 Archer L6 w/ Iron Bow
- 1 Archer L6 w/ Iron Bow, Door Key
- 1 Archer L6 w/ Iron Bow, Vulnerary
- 2 Archer L7 w/ Iron Bow
- 1 Archer L8 w/ Steel Bow, Chest Key*
- 1 Archer L8 w/ Steel Bow, Door Key*
- 2 Archer L8 w/ Iron Bow
- 1 Fighter L4 w/ Hammer*
- 1 Knight L3 w/ Javelin, Vulnerary
- 1 Knight L4 w/ Javelin
- 2 Knight L4 w/ Iron Lance
- 1 Knight L4 w/ Iron Lance, Door Key
- 1 Knight L5 w/ Javelin
- 1 Knight L5 w/ Iron Lance, Door Key*
- 1 Knight L5 w/ Steel Lance
- 1 Shaman L2 w/Flux
- Raven (Enemy): L5 Mercenary w/ Steel Sword
A * indicates an item dropped upon defeat
Reinforcements (Total: 10)Edit
- Turn 8-10, from the southwest corner of the map:
- Turn 9-12, from the Stairs in the northwest section of the map:
- 1 Thief L8 w/Iron Sword - in the middle room from the stairs - after 5th turn
- 1 Cavalier L5 w/Iron Lance and 1 Nomad L5 w/Iron Bow - after 7th turn
- 1 Cavalier L5 w/Iron Lance and 1 Nomad L5 w/Iron Bow and a Shaman L8 w/Flux - after 8th turn
- 1 Cavalier L5 w/Iron Lance and 1 Nomad L5 w/Iron Bow and a Shaman L8 w/Flux - after 9th turn
- 1 Shaman L8 w/Flux - after 10th turn
- 1 Shaman L8 w/Flux - after 11th turn
- In the southern room:
- Left: Unlock Staff
- Right: Hero Crest
- In the northern room:
- Left: Knight Crest
- Right: Silver Sword