- Ryoma: I demand to know why you Nohrian dogs are invading Hoshido! Was that cowardly attack on my people your doing as well, princeling?
- Xander: ...I have nothing to say to you. Surrender now. If you refuse...you die here.
“You swing timidly, without resolve. You must genuinely try to kill me.”
—Xander's Chapter 1 pre-battle quote
“Well done, Avatar.”
—Xander's Chapter 1 defeat quote
“What foolishness. I will not tolerate traitors in our midst! ”
—Xander's Chapter 6 pre-battle quote
- Xander: So, you've chosen to take up arms against your own brother... It's not too late for all to be forgiven. Come back to Nohr with us.
- Avatar: I can't do that, Xander. I've made my decision, and I stand by it.
- Xander: How unfortunate. You leave me no choice. If force is the only thing that can make you listen to reason, so be it!
- Avatar: Xander!
“How is this possible? We must retreat! This isn't over, Avatar...”
—Xander's Chapter 6 defeat/retreat quote
Birthright Chapter 12Edit
“How reckless. Avatar hasn't prepared you for this fight. Well, his/her failings will be your undoing. Prepare to die.”
—Xander's Chapter 12 pre-battle quote
- Avatar: Brother, this is madness.
- Xander: I’m not your brother anymore. Put that notion out of your head. By your own choice, we are enemies now. Prepare to fight!
- Xander: "This isn't over..."
Birthright Chapter 26Edit
- Xander: "Fight without fear or hesitation. Don't hold back—I promise you that I won't"
- Avatar: "I won't. I know I've never bested you before, but that changes now!"
- Xander: "That's the spirit. Come at me!"
Defeated (Vs. Avatar)Edit
- Xander: "I knew you could do it. I'm proud of you, Avatar. I've always told you...you could do anything...you set your mind to..."
- Avatar: "Brother!!"
- Xander: "Your technique was flawless... You finally stopped holding yourself back. It's what I've always tried to teach you. You're becoming the leader I always knew you could be..."
- Avatar: "Xander..."
- Xander: "Stay back! This is between me and Avatar."
Defeated (Vs. Other)Edit
“It wasn't supposed to be this way...”
—Xander's Birthright Chapter 26 defeat/retreat quote
“Fool. You've made a terrible mistake opposing me!”
—Xander's Revelation Chapter 6 pre-battle quote.
Vs. Avatar Edit
- Xander: So, it's come to this... I will still forgive you if you repent now and return with us to Nohr.
- Avatar: No... I can't. I've made my decision. I will not side with anyone.
- Xander: I see... Then you leave me no choice but to take you back by force.
- Avatar: Xander!
“It seems I've underestimated you. I have no choice but to retreat... Avatar...”
—Xander's Revelation Chapter 6 defeat quote.
Revelation Chapter 13Edit
“Only death awaits those who challenge me. Death twice over for traitors!”
—Xander's Chapter 13 pre-battle quote
- Xander: We meet again, little prince/princess. Because I have regarded you as my beloved brother/sister all these years... I'll give you one more chance. Are you certain you won't side with Nohr?
- Avatar: I am. I cannot change course now. But, Xander... you could join me. I swear to you that I want the best for all of us! Ever since I learned the truth I've known that I've needed you with me.
- Xander: Nonsense. If you have truly turned against Nohr, I can no longer consider you my brother/sister. Forget any feelings you might have. We now stand as enemies opposite each other on the battlefield.
- Avatar: Xander... Why won't you listen?
- Camilla: Hello, Xander...
- Xander: Ha... Camilla... Iago told me you had failed your mission. I never thought you'd turn traitor, too. Are you a still proud Nohrian royal? Or are you just like Avatar?
- Camilla: No, you've got it all wrong. He/she hasn't betrayed us. He's/she's the same gentle Avatar he's/she's always been! Why won't you trust him/her?
- Xander: Trust him/her? Don't be fool. I won't listen to any more of your lies. You've chosen your side- opposite me. Prepare yourself, Camilla.
- Camilla: Xander, think about what you're doing! Is this really how you want things?
“Arg... It seems I didn't give your forces enough credit. However, this isn't the end for the Nohrian army. Not even close...”
—Xander's Chapter 13 defeat/retreat quote
- "I feel invigorated today. Please, give me the chance to show you what I'm made of." (surge)
- "With my sacred blade at my side, I know I shall not fail." (weapon exp)
- "It would seem someone dropped this... We should all be more cautious." (item found)
- "What I wear reflects on my kingdom. I could always use a little assistance." (accessory gift request)
- "Thank you, Avatar. Receiving a gift from you is indeed a special occasion." (accessory gift: positive)
- "You are too generous, truly. Thank you for this gift. I promise to take good care of it." (accessory gift: positive)
- "Avatar... We need to have a talk about what constitutes an appropriate gift." (accessory gift: bath towel)
- "You always remember my birthday and force me to celebrate... Thank you Avatar." (friendship birthday gift)
- "A gift from you is something to be forever cherished. Thank you, my darling wife." (married birthday gift)
- "I'll have to ignore it for now, though. The task at hand is more important." (accessory gift: cancel)
- "You did well today, Avatar. If you ever need guidance, I'm here for you." (idle)
- "Free time is not something I'm accustomed to. What do people do to pass the time?" (idle)
- "Leading an army is no small task. I'm proud of you for handling that burden so well." (idle)
- "I never lose. It's simply not an option. My eyes are ever on the next battle..." (idle)
- I was preparing to patrol the area, but it seems you beat me to it. Well done. (idle)
- "You seem to be in good spirits today, Avatar. It pleases me to see it." (idle)
- "You've traveled a long way, stranger. Feel free to gather your strength here. (visiting another castle)
Asking - NormalEdit
- "I request that you fight at my side for the coming battle. Together we shall prevail." (team up)
- "How someone spends free time speaks volumes. How do you spend yours?" (hobby)
Replying - NormalEdit
- "Of course. If we join our strength, there is no enemy we cannot conquer." (team up)
- "As the crown prince of Nohr, I must spend my spare time training and studying." (hobby)
Asking - MarriedEdit
Replying - MarriedEdit
- "I could never be the cause of your sorrow. For you, I shall do all I can to stay safe." (promise)
- "I'm afraid you stole my line! It was my intention to say I love you first today..." (love)
Asking - ChildEdit
- "I wish we could spend all our time together, rather than these few fleeting moments." (spending time)
- "I consider the time we spend together quite valuable. Is there anything you desire?" (gift)
Replying - ChildEdit
- "We can work hard together to overcome the lonely days we've spent apart." (spending time)
“You look troubled, Avatar. I'm here to lend an ear.”
—Ally invite quote “I am too busy to be so casually summoned. I haven't time for chess... Fine. One game.”
—Ally invite quote “Ah, both of you are here? Sorry, I need to review these notes with Avatar.”
—Ally invite quote, married Avatar “Nothing is more important than training, but I suppose one must also rest every now and then.”
—Friendship bonding quote. “I hope you know that I'm always on your side. Nothing could ever change that.”
—Friendship bonding quote. “If you're ever lonely or your heart is burdened with the weight of the world, know that I'm always here for you.”
—Friendship bonding quote. “The bonds of love are far stronger than the bonds of blood. I am your brother, now and forever.”
—Friendship bonding level up quote
“Now that you're home, I can finally relax. This is the only place I feel at ease.”
“Welcome back, Avatar. Are you ready to let your guard down? It's just me...”
“Welcome back. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you unwind...”
“Close your eyes, little Princess... What a wonderful life you've given me...”
“I've always been so focused on my duties, I never expected to fall in love. Thank you for unlocking my heart.”
“I can never get enough of you... Let's spend all of our days in each other's arms.”
“I love you, my little princess. No matter the path life takes us down, I have no regrets. Because all of my choices...led me to your love.”
“If only we could hide out here all day and just enjoy being with each other.”
—After romantic bonding/changing hairstyle “Hm? Avatar? How careless of me to doze off. Thank you for waking me.”
—Wake up line (gently awoken) “Wha?! Avatar! Was I really sleeping so deeply that force was necessary?”
—Wake up line (forcefully awoken) “Hello, Avatar. This hot spring sure is relaxing, eh? I'm a bit overheated though...”
—After coming out of a hot spring “I feel much better now, thanks to you. You know...you really are quite adorable.”
—When being cooled down after coming out of a hot spring “Oh...you're back. I thought you deserved a present, so I got you these flowers.”
—When gifting the Avatar flowers
“Be thoughtful about the weapons you use. They must serve you well in battle.”
—When entering his shop
“This is the first time I've ever shopped for myself.”
—When buying something for him “Are your coffers running low lately?”
—When selling his items “I value working in this shop. It gives me a chance to talk to everyone.”
—When entering his shop “You wish to buy me something? Now?!”
—Buying, on duty “Is it wrong to sell you this while I'm on duty?”
—Selling, on duty
“I'm here to study the smith at work. I'll tell him what you need done.”
—When entering his shop “If you need anything else, now is a good time to tell me.”
—Before leaving his shop “Forge my own weapon? I'll try my hand at that.”
—Forging, on duty “All I need is Siegfried. Forge for others first.”
—When forging his weapons
“Are you ready to test your fortune? There are many prizes to be won.”
—When entering the shop “Not the best prize, but it has some utility. Keep that in mind.”
—When winning the wooden ball (small prize) “Not bad. But don't rest on your laurels. There are grander prizes to be won.”
—When winning the silver ball (medium prize) “That's a remarkable prize you've won, Avatar! Make sure you look after it.”
—When winning the golden ball (jackpot)
“For generations, warriors have put their lives on the line to battle in the arena.”
—Entering the arena “I will gladly lend you my strength. We shall prevail for the honor of Nohr!”
—When entering to assist another fighter “As the crown prince of Nohr, I cannot entertain failure.”
—Victory “I have been disgraced... This cannot stand. I must train and study harder than ever!”
“There's quite a selection here—some things I've never seen at court.”
—When entering the shop
“I'm the chef on duty. I cannot fail. Each dish must be seasoned to perfection.”
—Entering the Mess Hall “OK. Wait right here.”
—Before cooking “There. I did what I could with the resources I was provided. Give it a try.”
—After cooking (feeling proud) “This isn't going to become a new Nohrian specialty anytime soon. What do you think?”
—After cooking (if food is badly cooked) “Exquisite! Nohr boasts the best chefs in all the land, and you put them to shame.”
—After eating a good food “This is very...acceptable. It's not quite my cup of tea, though, to be frank.”
—After eating an average food “As a prince, I must maintain my composure, even in the face of something so vile...”
—After eating a bad food
“I don't enjoy imprisoning people, but it's necessary when ruling a kingdom.”
—When entering the prison “So it's time for our chat, eh? I bet you'll change your mind soon enough.”
—Before persuading a prisoner
“Nice to see you, Avatar. I always have time for brotherly bonding.”
—When entering as Male Avatar “Avatar?! This is...unexpected. I was, um, just about to leave. Pardon.”
—When entering as Female Avatar (unmarried) “Hello, Avatar. Care to join me? It's quite relaxing in here.”
—When entering as Female Avatar (married)
“It's strange to think I can fight an Einherjar of myself...”
—Entering the shop
“You need to eat to maintain your strength. Here, have some meat. That’s an order.”
—Spoken to at a hunting forest “Want some milk, Avatar? I just milked the cows myself, so it's nice and fresh.”
—Spoken to at a dairy “The quality of a loaf of bread depends upon the flour. We had quite the variety at home.”
—Spoken to at a wheat field “I recommend more vegetables in your diet. Healthy eating is vital to our success.”
—When spoken to at the daikon garden/cabbage patch “This fruit has a sublime fragrance. I suspect you'd enjoy it.”
—Spoken to at a peach orchard/berry tile bush “I'm pleased with my fishing haul. Fishing takes such patience, but it's rewarding.”
—When spoken to at the fishing hole “I just helped harvest a bunch of rice. The rice fields were so tranquil and beautiful...”
—When spoken to at the rice fields “I feel compelled to give beans another chance, seeing the labor they require.”
—Spoken to at a bean field “Look at this excellent piece of ore. This mine is no match for a miner like myself. ”
—When spoken to at a Nohrian mine “My sword and I make quick work of all. Mining is nothing but child's play.”
—When spoken to at a Nohrian mine “We must use this ore to keep ourselves and our retainers well armed.”
—When spoken to at a Nohrian mine “A glimmer caught my eye while I was swimming. Here's what I found.”
—When spoken to at a Hoshidan spring “The spring was brimming with ore. In Nohr, this variety is quite rare.”
—When spoken to at a Hoshidan spring “Hoshidans gather their ore from springs. How fascinating.”
—Spoken to at a Hoshidan spring “Take this food as a token of our hospitality. You are always welcome here.”
—When spoken to at a food gathering spot (visting another castle) “Welcome, stranger. Please take this ore as a sign of our good will.”
—When spoken to at a mine (visiting another castle)
Avatar's Birthday Edit
- “Happy birthday, darling Avatar. May this day be as special as you are.” (married)
- “Happy birthday. You’ve earned some respite.”
- "I wish to test my new limits. To battle!" (6+ stats up)
- "Admirable results, but it's not enough." (4-5 stats up)
- "To grow stronger... That is all that I ask." (2-3 stats up)
- "This is not sufficient for a future king." (0-1 stat up)
- "So this is my true potential as a king..." (0-1 stat up, most stats capped)
- "A prince must never rest on his laurels..."
“I love you, truly. I've been meaning to tell you for so long... You are my precious wife now. It is my honor and duty to keep you safe, at all costs.”
The crown prince of Nohr and wielder of the legendary Siegfried. Gifted military leader. Can seem unapproachable, but is actually kind and personable. Has nice handwriting. Born on 10/27.
A Nohrian prince respected for his martial skill. Wields the divine sword, Siegfried.
“Our battle is not yet won, little prince/princess! Keep fighting with me until the end!”
—Xander's final chapter quote.
DLC Pre-Battle QuotesEdit
“We meet again—and now over this troublesome vacation. I hope nobody gets seriously hurt in these battles. But I hate to see my own retainers get injured in all this. And so, let's finish this business!”
—Xander's pre-battle quote “I've lost? Well then, I hope the victor enjoys the trip.”
“What I always feared, more than any apparition or specter...It was the time I ran across my father in the halls at night. If I hadn't been out of bed for honest reasons, things might have been bad”
—Xander's pre-battle quote.
“Fascinating! A treasure so enticing even ghosts want it! Hmm... I wonder what else ghosts like. How would they feel about a nice warm bed?”
—Xander's pre-battle quote.
“A fascinating competition. But only I have the ability to wield Siegfried. And I will NOT see it taken and used as a glorified whisker shaver!”
—Xander's pre-battle quote.
“It often snowed at the Northern Fortress. Elise, Avatar, and I would have snowball fights when I visited. Sometimes, I still pack a bit of snow and throw it into the distance. Though I could never admit to the others that I do anything so childish.”
—Xander's pre-battle quote.
- "We meet again."
- "Everything's okay."
- "Let's do this!"
- "Let us begin!"
- "No escape!"
- "No quarter."
- "I WON'T allow it!"
- "You're not hurt, are you?!"
- "Just in the nick of time!"
- "Be gone, wretch!"
- "You're right where I want you!"
- "Prepare yourself!"
- "No mercy"
- "Is that all?"
- "For the glory of Nohr!"
- "How very amusing!"
- "Your battle is over!"
- "Victory is mine!"
Partner Defeated Enemy/When HealedEdit
- "You have my gratitude."
Defeated by EnemyEdit
- "How could I be so careless...?"
“How could I fail?! I let my pride...get the best of me... Though I can no longer stand...as crown prince I must not fall here! Forgive me, my friends, but I must retreat...for the time being...”
—Xander's retreat quote (classic). “Gods! They're stronger than expected. Retreat is the only option...”
—Xander's retreat quote (casual).