Long ago, the first Exalt of Ylisse vanquished the Fell Dragon Grima using the treasured blade Falchion and the Fire Emblem, both of which are still housed by Ylisse to this day. Approximately 15 years before the start of the story, Emmeryn, Chrom, and Lissa's father, the previous Exalt, waged a long war on Plegia due to their worship of the Fell Dragon, Grima. The war abruptly ended when the previous Exalt passed away, leaving a young Emmeryn, who was around 10 years old, to succeed as the new Exalt. However the scars of war caused many to fear that she would eventually become like her father. However, through hard work, Emmeryn ushered a new era of peace throughout Ylisse.
The citizens of Ylisse worship the Divine Dragon Naga as their god, and because of their disdain of fighting, only a minimal amount of soldiers defend the country. Unfortunately this made the country susceptible to Plegia, whose citizens hold much disdain for what happened during the original Ylisse-Plegia war.
Known people from YlisseEdit
- Emmeryn (Former Queen/Exalt)
- Chrom (King/Exalt)
- Lissa (Princess)
- Sully (Potential Queen)
- Sumia (Potential Queen)
- Maribelle (Potential Queen)
- Olivia (Potential Queen)
- This nation is very similar to the Holy Kingdom of Akaneia. It is likely that Ylisse is the future form of the United Kingdom of Akaneia formed by King Marth.
- Ylisse is made up of the former territories: Akaneia, Talys, and Pyrathi.
- Since Chrom is the new King/Exalt of Ylisse, whomever he marries in the game would be the new Queen of Ylisse.
- Emmeryn does not reclaim her throne even if she is recruited because she never regains her memories of being exalt.
- Ylisse is pronounced as Ill-Eess.