The Halidom of Ylisse (イーリス聖王国 Īrisu Seiōkoku lit. Holy Kingdom of Iris in the Japanese version) is a peaceful, tranquil nation that was ruled by Emmeryn, the Exalt (Holy King in the Japanese version).
Ylisse is led by their ruler, the Exalt. The first Exalt defeated the Fell Dragon thanks to the aid of the Holy Dragon, Naga. All Exalts since then have been descendants of this man and bear the Brand of the Exalt (also called the Mark of Naga) on their bodies, a symbol of the pact between Naga and the first Exalt.
The citizens of Ylisse worship Naga as their god, and because of their disdain for fighting, only a minimal amount of soldiers defend the country. However, Ylisse does have an army of its own, mostly comprising Cavaliers, Mages, Clerics, Priests, and Pegasus Knights.
About 1000 years ago, the first Exalt of Ylisse vanquished the Fell Dragon Grima using the treasured blade Falchion and the Fire Emblem. During Ylisse's founding, the period known as "the Schism", the other countries of the world thought that Ylisse would be too powerful if it held both the Falchion and the completed Fire Emblem. The five gemstones in the Emblem were distributed to each nation, leaving the Falchion and the Fire Emblem with the white gemstone, Argent, in Ylisse's care.
Approximately 15 years before the start of the story, Emmeryn, Chrom, and Lissa's father, the previous Exalt, waged a long war on Plegia due to their worship of the Fell Dragon, Grima. However, when the Ylissean army began to decline in number, the Exalt recruited common folk to fight despite having little to no training. Unfortunately, this led to widespread famine and poverty across the Halidom. The war abruptly ended when the previous Exalt passed away, leaving a young Emmeryn, around 10 years old, to succeed as the new Exalt. The scars of war caused many to fear that she would eventually become like her father. However, through hard work, Emmeryn ushered in a new era of peace throughout Ylisse. Because of Ylisse's dislike of conflict, there were fewer soldiers defending the country, making it susceptible to Plegia, whose citizens held much disdain for what happened during the original Ylisse-Plegia war 15 years prior to the events of Awakening. Plegia, led by Gangrel, began assaulting the borders of Ylisse, hoping to start a war between the two.
- The Northroad
- Breakneck Pass
- Mount Prism
- The Farfort
- Desert Oasis
- Manor of Lost Souls
Known people from YlisseEdit
- Emmeryn - The pacifistic Exalt of Ylisse and older sister of Chrom and Lissa (prior to Chapter 9).
- Chrom - The just Ylissean prince, brother of Emmeryn and Lissa, captain of the Shepherds, and Exalt (after Chapter 11).
- Lissa - The sprightly Ylissean princess and younger sister of Emmeryn and Chrom.
- Frederick - The royal retainer for Emmeryn, Chrom, and Lissa and lieutenant of the Shepherds.
- Sully - A brash, tomboyish Shepherd Cavalier deemed a "woman to end all men." (Potential queen)
- Phila - The captain of the Ylissean Pegasus Knights and Emmeryn's bodyguard.
- Vaike - A thick-headed Shepherd Fighter and Chrom's self-proclaimed rival.
- Stahl - A well-meaning Shepherd Cavalier with a voracious appetite.
- Miriel - A studious Shepherd Mage who wishes to research all that interests her.
- Sumia - A clumsy but dedicated Shepherd Pegasus Knight. (Potential queen)
- Kellam - A Shepherd Knight with a lack of presence in front of other people.
- Donnel - A farmland-raised Villager who journeys with the Shepherds to make himself better.
- Gaius - A Thief who will work for the right price, especially if it involves sugar.
- Maribelle - A noblewoman Troubadour Shepherd who wishes to create equal rights for all citizens. (Potential queen)
- Ricken - A young Shepherd Mage who desires to be treated like an adult rather than a child.
- Cordelia - A prodigious Pegasus Knight with hidden feelings for a certain individual.
- Libra - A War Monk whose appearance often causes people to mistake him for a woman.
- Lucina - The future daughter of Chrom and princess of Ylisse.
- The descendant of the United Kingdom of Archanea formed by King Marth, Ylisse is made up of the territories belonging to the former countries of Archanea, Talys, and Pyrathi.
- Ylisse is pronounced ee-LEASE.
- This article is a stub. You can help Fire Emblem Wikia by .