“If Lady Mikoto were here to see this, it would break her heart. Then again, she may have just smiled and said, "It is his/her path to choose."”
—Yukimura, Conquest Chapter 6: Embrace the Dark
Yukimura (ユキムラ) is a playable character in Fire Emblem Fates on the Birthright route. He is recruited after a battle once a puppet in the player's castle has been upgraded to level 3, which can be done around Chapter 22. A strategist serving Hoshido, Yukimura is Queen Mikoto's personal tactician.
According to Yukimura's supports with the male Avatar, he reveals that he was once disciple to both his father and the late King Sumeragi. Admitting that he was once reckless in the strategies that he crafted in his youth, Yukimura was once inclined to achieve victory at all costs, even if a tremendous number of lives are lost in the process. Following a lecture by Sumeragi himself and learning of the late king's valiant sacrifice of his life in exchange for the Avatar's, Yukimura began to reform the way he formulates strategies, seeking to achieve victory with minimal loss of lives on both sides.
Yukimura's supports with the female Avatar reveal certain memories that he has retained of the brief amount of time that they had spent in Hoshido prior to being kidnapped. For one, Yukimura reveals that Sumeragi and Mikoto, aware of his craftsmanship skills, had requested him to craft a moving-picture box of the Avatar's childhood.
With an intellect sharpened and honed since childhood through fervent study under the tutelage of his father and King Sumeragi, Yukimura often carries himself with a demeanour of calm collectedness as he carefully crafts strategies to lead his allies to victory in battle. The aura of calm that Yukimura exudes is also exemplified through his speech, where the formal politeness that he adopts reflects his position as a learned, wise man of an acute intellect.
In his supports with the male Avatar, Yukimura reveals that he was once incapable of comprehending the meaning of compassion in his youth, where he was admonished by Sumeragi for devising a strategy that blatantly disregarded the value of human life. Through the experience of years, Yukimura has transformed into an individual who no longer acts purely on logic and reason, instead allowing his final judgments of situations to be complemented by emotion as well.
Although he is very much devoted to his neverending quest for knowledge, Yukimura is not without hobbies that he engages in for amusement. In his free time, he is known to enjoy designing and crafting new devices for everyday life. His supports with the female Avatar reveal that he has, under Mikoto's orders, crafted a moving-picture box depicting their childhood.
Yukimura has also been portrayed as a person who is fiercely loyal to his country, and whom will not hesitate to lay his life on the line to protect it from harm. This fact is especially prevalent in Chapter 22 on the Conquest route, where he personally takes to the front-lines at the risk of his personal safety in a desperate bid to halt the incoming Nohrian invasion.
Yukimura is said to break the most glasses out of everyone in the army. His birthday is April 28.
As an EnemyEdit
Conquest Chapter 6 - Embrace the DarkEdit
Revelation Chapter 8 - Traitor's BrandEdit
Max Stat ModifiersEdit
- See also: Yukimura/Supports
- The Avatar (Female)
- The Avatar (Male)
- Kana - if Yukimura is his father
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
|Base Classes||Possible Promotions|
Base Class SetEdit
Yukimura starts off as a decent unit by the time he is recruitable after Chapter 23 in Birthright. His growths primarily focus on the development of Skill, while all his other stats are mediocre by contrast. Unfortunately, as his base class is part of the Apothecary class set and not the Ninja class set, Yukimura is thus unable to take advantage of skills like Poison Strike and Shurikenfaire to further aid his combat proficiency.
Yukimura's personal skill, Perspicacious, boosts the hit rate of all allies when he is on the battlefield by 5. While the boost is insignificant, it is still useful nevertheless, especially for allies who are weak in Skill. Yukimura starts with the Potent Potion, Quick Salve, and Golembane skills when he is recruited. The first two skills complement each other well by boosting the HP recovered and stat boosts of consumables while also giving him the ability to act again. Golembane, by contrast, is almost completely useless due to the lack of Stoneborn and puppet-based foes appearing in the game. Yukimura will eventually come to learn Replicate, a skill that lets him create a clone of himself and thereafter allow him to operate in two different sections of the battlefield at once. Proper care must be exercised, however, to prevent him from being slain faster than other units since the both the original and the copy share HP and statuses.
Secondary Class SetsEdit
Yukimura has access to two tertiary class sets: The Samurai and Monk sets. The Samurai class set entails the Swordmaster and Master of Arms promotions, while the Monk set entails the Great Master and Onmyoji promotions.
From the Samurai class, Yukimura can learn Duelist's Blow to increase his chances of dodging an attack when he initiates battles. Vantage is another skill that he can learn, allowing him to attack enemy units first if his HP falls below half, granting him the opportunity to kill the enemy before they can defeat him. As a Swordmaster, Yukimura stands to learn Astra and Swordfaire. The former is a powerful offensive skill that allows him to stack attacks and increase his chances to defeating foes in a single round. Swordfaire, on the other hand, is only useful as long as he remains in a Sword-wielding class, as it only boosts the damage output of Sword wielders. As a Master of Arms, Yukimura can learn Seal Strength and Life and Death. Seal Strength helps him to reduce the attack damage of physical-oriented foes like Generals and Berserkers, making them a lot easier to face in battle. Life and Death, conversely, is a rather risky skill that does offer offensive bonuses, but at the cost of him being placed at risk of being severely wounded.
From the Monk class, Yukimura can learn Miracle, a skill that will help him avoid being killed if he has more than 1 HP remaining after sustaining a blow. He can also learn Rally Luck, although it is not very useful unless he is posited as a support unit. As a Great Master, Yukimura stands to learn Renewal and Countermagic. Renewal increases his tanking potential, owing to the fact that it recovers a substantial amount of his HP at the start of each turn, offsetting any damage that he may have sustained in battle. Countermagic is useful for offsetting Yukimura's moderate Resistance, allowing him to counter the onslaughts of magical units.
Partner Class SetsEdit
Yukimura is only allowed to reclass outside of his base and tertiary classes through marriage to the Female Avatar, limiting both his class selection and immediate skill pool without purchasing skills.
- The Ninja clas set provides Yukimura with more offensive skills, making it a nice alternative to his base class since he starts with a B rank in Shuriken. Poison Strike, for one, lets Yukimura chip away at foes he is unable to kill himself or to open opportunities for weaker allies to gain quick experience. The Lethality skill that Yukimura can learn as a Master Ninja does not activate frequently enough for it to be used over Astra, and discretion should be exercised when equipping it. He also learns Shurikenfaire, a skill that will prove to be a boon, as it boosts his natural proficiency in Shuriken.
- The Archer class set offers classes that Yukimura can effectively operate in easily thanks to his B rank in Bow mastery. As an Archer, he can learn Quick Draw, a skill that is slightly helpful in boosting damage. As a Sniper, Yukimura can learn Certain Blow, a useful skill when fighting enemies with Weapon Triangle advantage. Bowfaire is much like Shurikenfaire, in the sense that it complements his natural proficiency in Bows by boosting his damage output with them armed. As a Kinshi Knight, one of the skills that Yukimura learns is Air Superiority, a skill whose true potential can only be maximised with Bows equipped. Amaterasu, the other skill that is learnt, is also not very useful for Yukimura, as it recovers the HP of surrounding allies and is better-suited for use by support-oriented units.
Refer to Yukimura/Quotes.
Possible Endings Edit
Yukimura - Puppet Master (白夜の軍師 Byakuya no Gunshi lit. Military Adviser of White Night)
- Yukimura continued to serve as minister after Ryoma became king. His uncompromising devotion to his work served as an example to clerks in the royal administration for generations to come.
- Yukimura and the Avatar
- Yukimura continued to serve as minister of Hoshido, dedicating his life to the country and its recovery. Avatar was hailed as a hero, working alongside her spouse to spread peace worldwide.
Yukimura is illustrated in the trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher with the following cards:
Yukimura shares his name with a famous Sengoku daimyo: Sanada Yukimura. Yukimura (幸村) also means happy village.
- Yukimura placed 36th most popular male in the official character popularity poll held on the game's official site.
- Despite being able to upgrade automatons to level 3, Yukimura cannot be recruited at all in Revelation. This is likely due to his unwavering loyalty to Hoshido, plus the need to protect the capital; he's seen repelling attacks from Faceless in the prologue to chapter 17 of the route.
- Yukimura is the only recruitable non-playable character in the Revelation route not to die from any sort.