Zofia (ソフィア王国 Sofia Ōkoku, Kingdom of Sofia in the Japanese version) is one of the two kingdoms of the continent of Valentia. Its people worship the Earth Mother, Mila, who blesses the lands and allows crops to grow. The Temple of Mila was built towards the north of the kingdom.
Founded on the year 189 of the Valentian Calendar, the Kingdom of Zofia was built on the southern lands ruled by Mila. In the Year 384, King Lima III perished, with his eldest son, Lima IV, being crowned. However, he had little interest in politics and this allowed Desaix to secure the position of Chancellor. To consolidate his power, Desaix had Lima IV's children murdered as they were born, eventually leading to setting ablaze the royal villa the remaining children, Anthiese and Conrad lived in. Though neither body was found, only Anthiese was rumoured to have survived, being rescued by Mycen, who Desaix then framed for his crimes, banishing him as a result.
In the year 398, after Zofia rejected Rigel's request for assistance following a famine and drought, both nations entered all-out war. For over a year, the inexperienced Zofian army was repeatedly defeated by the overwhelming Rigelian forces and Rigel steadily crept into Zofian territory. Desaix managed to contact the upper echelon of the Rigelian Army and negotiated a cease-fire in exchange for a large compensatory sum of gold. The Rigelian Army remained garrisoned in Northern Zofia and tensions continued to grow. A year after, Desaix triggered a coup d'etat and the Zofian royal family including Lima IV were killed, with the missing Anthiese as the only survivor. The Deliverance was established soon after by the Zofian nobility in opposition to Desaix, with Clive as its leader.
The Deliverance would be pushed back into a corner by Desaix and the Rigel forces, but would rally behind the new leader Alm and route the Rigel army. They would go on to slay Desaix in his own lands and push onward into Rigel itself. Following the resulting war with Rigel, Alm would wed Celica, the missing Anthiese, and unite the two kingdoms into the Kingdom of Valentia which worshipped both Mila and Duma.
- Zofia Castle
- Ram Village
- Novis Cemetery
- Novis Greatport
- Sea Shrine
- Zofia Harbor
- Desaix's Fortress
- Temple of Mila
- Gorge of Valentia
- Lima IV - The cruel and hedonistic king of Zofia who was killed by Desaix.
- Liprica - Late love of Lima IV and former priestess of Mila.
- Anthiese - The exiled princess of Zofia.
- Conrad - The child of Lima IV and Anthiese's half-brother.
- Desaix - A treacherous knight of Zofia.
- Slayde - The captain of Desaix's guard.
- Mycen - A famed Zofian knight and adoptive grandfather of Alm and Celica.
- Mathilda - Founder of the Deliverance and a legendary knight of Zofia.
- Clive - A well respected noble cavalier. Founder and original leader of the Deliverance, and the brother of Clair.
- Clair - An outspoken pegasus knight and member of the Deliverance. Clive's sister.
- Fernand - Co-founder of the Deliverance and Clive's second-in-command who betrayed them to Rigel.
- Python - Guard of the Deliverance camp headquarters. Works directly under Clive.
- Forsyth - Clive's lieutenant in the Deliverance.
- Lukas - A dedicated Zofian soldier, member of the Deliverance who started Alm's quest by recruiting him in Ram Village.
- Gray - An easygoing and loyal Villager from Ram Village.
- Tobin - A Villager from Ram Village who likes to earn his own living.
- Kliff - A Villager from Ram Village who's eager to see the world.
- Faye - A Villager from Ram Village that is eager to follow Alm. (Exclusive to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia).
- Silque - A Cleric who serves Goddess Mila and is captured by Thieves.
- Nomah - The wise Sage of Mila's faith who watched over Celica at the Priory, and trained Boey, Mae and Genny.
- Genny - A soft-spoken Cleric that is loyal to Celica.
- Boey - An eager young apprentice Mage from Novis who is devoted to Celica's protection.
- Mae - An optimist mage from Novis who is Celica’s best friend.
- Luthier - A reclusive mage seeking to master sorcery.
- Delthea - A talented mage and Luther's younger sister.
- Atlas - A villager seeking to rescue his captured siblings.
Zofia is the Polish variant of the name Sophia, which means "wisdom" in Greek.