Zofia (ソフィア王国 Sofia Ōkoku, Kingdom of Sofia in the Japanese version) is one of the two kingdoms of the continent of Valentia. Its people worship the Earth Goddess Mila, who blesses the lands and allows crops to grow. The Temple of Mila was built towards the north of the kingdom.
Founded on the year 189 of the Valentian Calendar, the Kingdom of Zofia was built on the southern lands ruled by Mila. In the Year 384, King Lima III perished, with his eldest son, Lima IV, being crowned. However, he had little interest in politics and this allowed Desaix to secure the position of Chancellor. To secure his power, Desaix had Lima IV's children murdered as they were born. Only Anteze was spared due to being rescued by Mycen, who Desaix then framed for his crimes.
In the year 398, after Zofia rejected Rigel's request for assistance following a famine and drought, both nations entered all-out war. For over a year, the inexperienced Zofian army was repeatedly defeated by the overwhelming Rigelian forces and Rigel steadily crept into Zofian territory. Desaix managed to contact the upper echelon of the Rigelian Army and negotiated a cease-fire in exchange for a large compensatory sum of gold. The Rigelian Army remained garrisoned in Northern Zofia and tensions continued to grow. A year after, Desaix triggered a coup d'etat and the Zofian royal family including Lima IV were killed, with the missing Anteze as the only survivor. The Deliverance was established soon after by the Zofian nobility in opposition to Desaix, with Clive as its leader.
The Deliverance would be pushed back into a corner by Desaix and the Rigel forces, but would rally behind the new leader Alm and route the Rigel army. They would go on to slay Desaix in his own lands and push onward into Rigel itself. Following the resulting war with Rigel, Alm would wed Celica, the missing Anteze, and unite the two kingdoms into the Kingdom of Valentia.
- Zofia Castle
- Ram Village
- Sea Shrine
- Zofia Port
- Desaix's Fortress
- Temple of Mila
- Gorge of Valentia
- Liprica - Late queen of Zofia.
- Anteze - Princess of Zofia.
- Desaix - A treacherous knight of Zofia.
- Mycen - A Zofian general.
- Mathilda - A Zofian knight.
- Lukas - A member of the Deliverance.
- Gray - A Villager from Ram Village.
- Tobin - A Villager from Ram Village.
- Kliff - A Villager from Ram Village.
- Faye - A Villager from Ram Village. She's excusive to Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- Silque - A sweet-tempered sister of Mila who was kidnapped by thieves.
- Clair - A knight of Zofia, but was captured by Desaix's men. Clive's sister.
- Clive - The original leader of the Deliverance, and the brother of Clair.
- Python - Guard of the Deliverance camp headquarters. Works directly under Clive.
- Forsyth - Clive's subordinate in the Deliverance.
- Boey - An eager young apprentice Mage who is devoted to Celica's protection.
- Mae - A young yet skilled mage who joins Celica's group.
- Nomah - The wise Sage who trained and raised Celica.
- Genny - A Cleric that works at the same shrine that Celica has lived and trained at.
Zofia is the Polish variant of the name Sophia, which means "wisdom" in Greek.